The images used on this page are of the 4 string variant and are simply intended for visual reference purposes only.
Please note: The current images show the 4-string version of this bass.
The M7 is a modern, original bass shape that has enough versatility to tackle any style of music. Thanks to the powerful 18v preamp on-board and extensive switching options (pickup selectors and EQ controls) you can genuinely play anything from Jazz to Grunge!
This Version 2 model features re-designed and improved pickups as well as an Ebony fingerboard!
The body is made of Alder which gives you a snappy attack with a beefy low-end and powerful mid-range. Alder also makes for comfortable weight instruments which won’t take a toll on your back when you’re gigging!
This next generation M7 features an Ebony fingerboard which has a natural, yet smooth feel and some say it provides a bright and snappy tone.
The M7 Version 2 features completely re-designed pickups which have been designed in collaboration with the man himself, Marcus Miller. Made with different magnets and different coils the new Marcus Pure-H Revolution set has a clearer and higher definition sound and retains that clarity in series, single, or parallel modes.
The much-praised Sire preamp uses 2x 9v batteries to give you an 18v preamp with loads of headroom and control. This means that the bass has a very open sound and with a bass, mid and treble control on-board you've got the most versatile bass possible.
The knobs from front to back do the following:
- Main Volume on bottom pot and Tone control on top pot
- Pickup Blend (To combine your bridge and neck pickup according to taste)
- Treble EQ
- Mid frequency on bottom pot, Mid boost/cut on the top pot
- Bass EQ
- Front Pickup selector toggle
- Rear pickup selector toggle
- Active/passive toggle switch
History of Sire Marcus Miller Basses
Sire guitars are the company that build the now famous Marcus Miller basses. Marcus Miller himself is a world-renowned jazz and funk bassist with some of the best bass chops on the planet. And he's worked with Sire instruments to make basses that are affordable but far exceed their price point in terms of feel, style and above all, sound.
How do they do this? Unlike a lot of other guitar companies that outsource their work, Sire own the factory where their basses are built. This means firstly that they can cut costs but secondly, have full control of the quality of instrument that comes out of the workshop. This allows them to oversee the entire process.
And, Sire instruments are doing good in the world by taking a share of the corporations profits and giving back to society. They have founded schools in Cambodia and Laos and teaching music to children.
- Body Material: Alder
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
- Body Finish: High Gloss
- Neck Material: Canadian Hard Maple (Scarf Joint)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony w/ Rolled Edges
- Neck Shape: C
- Neck Joint: 5-Bolt
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Inlays: None
- Scale Length: 35"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Pickups: Marcus Pure-H Revolution Set
- Electronics: Marcus Heritage-3 w/ Middle Frequency Control
- Controls: Volume/Tone (Dual Pot), Pickup Blend, Treble, Middle/Mid Frequency (Dual Pot), Bass, Active/Passive Toggle Switch, Front Pickup Selector Toggle Switch, Rear Pickup Selector Toggle Switch
- Battery Cover: Ash Wood Handmade
- Knobs: Modern Black
- Bridge: Marcus Miller Heavy Mass Custom
- Tuners: Sire Diecast Gear
- Hardware Colour: Black