The Music Man StingRay is one of the most iconic and recognisable basses in history. Originally designed by Leo Fender, the Stingray has since appeared on stages and in studios all around the world. The Stingray 5 was first introduced in 1987, with that extra B string giving you all of the low-end thunder you'd ever need!
The StingRay has a powerful 18v active 3-band EQ, capable of delivering articulate and punchy tones. The 18v preamp also provides you with loads of clean headroom, allowing you to crank the volume without 'crushing' or distorting your bass' sound.
Much of this, though, is down to the unique-sounding Music Man in-house pickup, ensuring a clear and responsive output. Despite this bass possessing just a single humbucker - it's still plenty versatile thanks to the onboard 3-band EQ.
Modern Technology Meets Classic Craftsmanship
The Music Man Stingray 5's bolt-on construction yields a snappy and immediate sound. This classic design, combined with the modern active EQ, is what gives the StingRay its distinctive voice. Music Man has also reduced the weight of the hardware, making the instrument lighter than it has ever been!
- Model: StingRay 5
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Standard - Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide
- Neck Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4"" (69.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 6 bolt neck plate
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls: 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching Single Pickup - 3-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups Standard - Music Man® humbucking with Alnico pole pieces