Here's what Jackson says about the X Series Spectra Bass SBXM IV:
With modern style, flexible tone and incomparable value, the Jackson X Series Spectra Bass SBXM IV takes the adventurous player on a bold bass odyssey, launching a commanding all-new entry in Jackson’s formidable neckthrough-body bass lineup.
The offset Spectra Bass body style was innovatively designed with the gigging musician in mind. Its poplar body has a larger upper horn that evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument for perfect balance and playing comfort. The graphite-reinforced through-body maple neck with scarf joint creates formidable sustain, with a speed neck contour, 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard and 24 frets for superior playability.
The SBXM IV provides a full-sonic spectrum for even the most versatile and progressive bassists. Dual passive medium-output humbucking pickups create a dynamic foundation with punch, power and note articulation. Wide-ranging tonal command comes from a two-way toggle switch for pickup coil splitting, 3-band active EQ, blend control and volume control with push/pull selector to bypass or engage active circuit for the 3-band EQ. The push/pull selector eliminates the risk of losing sound due to a dead battery. A quick pull on the volume knob bypasses the active circuit, making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
This four-string bass also features a HiMass hardtail bridge that enhances sustain and improves note attack. Featuring a unique 2x2 black headstock with an understated “J” logo, the budget-friendly SBXM IV comes in a classic Snow White finish with gleaming gold hardware.
- Body Shape: Spectra
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss Color Matched
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Headstock: Unique Jackson 2x2
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Jackson HiMass
- Pickups: Jackson Medium-Output Humbucking (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 2-Way Toggle Switch (Pickup Coil Split)
- Controls: Volume (Push/Pull Selector for Active/Passive Options), Blend, 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)