The Sire M2 is an instrument that was designed solely for the most modern of bassists. Although more affordable than its bigger brother, the M7, the M2 still features a powerful set of humbuckers that offer huge tones.
The M2 Version 2 is fundamentally the same as the original model. However, it now features rolled fingerboard edges to provide extra playing comfort, giving it the feel of a high-end bass!
The body of the M2 is formed from Mahogany, meaning that you can expect a rich and deep low end-tone. Also projecting a vibrant mid-range, this tonewood serves as a great foundation for the punchy-sounding pickups.
Paired with a bolt-on Canadian Hard Maple neck, this type of construction and material adds some crucial snap. Giving notes plenty of top-end bite, you can be sure to cut through any mix!
Electronics & Hardware
The Sire M2 Version 2 features a pair of potent-sounding humbuckers, delivering a thick tone with lots of grunt. If you like to play heavier styles where an overdriven bass sound is required, these humbuckers will dish plenty of dirt!
Featuring the Marcus Heritage-3 preamp, the amount of flexibility that the M2 Version 2 offers is unparalleled at its price-point. With a volume/tone dual pot, the M2 boasts a full 3-band EQ, letting you manipulate the bass, middle and treble frequencies. This means that you can tailor your tones completely on-the-fly.
The Marcus Standard Bridge provides a comfortable and solid feel, with its traditional design letting you make action or intonation adjustments easily. At the other end of the instrument you’ll find a set of Marcus Die-Cast tuners, ensuring optimal tuning stability.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Shape: New Modern Bass Type
- Neck Material: Canadian Hard Maple
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Neck Shape: C-Shape
- Scale: 34”
- Fingerboard: Maple w/ Rolled Edges
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (304.8mm)
- Frets: Medium, 24 Frets
- String Nut: 4 String - PPS Tusk Black 38mm Width
- Binding: None
- Inlay: White Pearl Dot
- Neck Joint: 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate
Electronics & Hardware
- Pickups: Marcus Blue Humbucker Set
- Electronics: Marcus Heritage- 3 with Middle Frequency Control
- Controls: Volume / Tone (Dual Pot) | Pickup Blender | Treble | Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot) | Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive)
- Knob: Modern Black Plastic
- Bridge: Marcus Standard Bridge
- Tuning Gear: Basic Die-Cast Gear
- Hardware Finish: Black