The J-5 is Schecter's take on the classic J-bass, but with a modern twist. While it features a vintage-esque Seafoam Green finish, the J-5 sports elegant-looking black hardware, US-made Schecter MonsterTone-J pickups and narrow X-jumbo frets for ultimate playability.
The Schecter J-5 is constructed from an Alder body, serving as an excellent tonal foundation for the punchy pickups. Balanced and resonant, this popular tonewood is also known for its strong mid-range, allowing notes to really pop in a band mix - whether playing finger-style or with a pick.
Paired with a bolt-on Maple neck, this material guarantees a snappy response and bright top-end. A Thin 'C' neck profile provides great playing comfort, while the X-jumbo frets allow for excellent note control and intonation.
The J-5 is powered by a pair of potent Schecter USA MonsterTone-J pickups. Incredibly bold and articulate, these pickups will project all of your playing nuances, with clean or overdriven amp settings. If you want to tame these aggressive-sounding pickups though, simply engage the push-pull coil-tap for vintage-style single-coil tones.
- Model Name: J-5 LH
- Item Number: 2915
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Color: Sea Foam Green (SFG)
- Tuners: Schecter
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Inlays: Black Offset/Reverse Dots
- Scale: 35” (889mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin ‘C’
- Thickness@ 1st Fret: - .787” (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866” (22mm)
- Frets: 21 Narrow X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 16” (406mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.771” (45mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Hardware Color: Black
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Dexterity: Left Handed
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Schecter Custom Bass String Thru (or Top Load)
- Controls: Volume/Volume/Tone (Push-Pull Coil-Tap)
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter USA MonsterTone-J™
- Neck Pickup: Schecter USA MonsterTone-J™
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball 5 String Super Long #2850 (.045-.130)