Music Man basses have their own unique character and style. More rounded than most S style models they're instantly recogniseable on stage. Originally designed by Leo Fender the Stingray was an innovation.
With a single pickup and 3 band onboard EQ at your fingertips you can easily dial in just the sound you want . Perfect for studio, stage or rehearsel. If you plug into a DI (and most of us have to on occasion) this can be a real benefit. You dont have to rely on the soundman to get your balance right.
These basses can be set for warm, rich low tones or punchier rock highs. Whatever style you play from jazz to metal this bass is sure to satisfy.
Made to order
These models have all kinds of customisation option so each piece we order is an individual. If you want a particular combiantion of pickups and finish let us know. If we dont have it we can try and get it for you.
Modern technology and classic craftsmanship
The design process for each stingray combines old fashioned cratfsmanship with modern techniques to give you the best playing experience possible. The necks are cut by machine, sanded and polished by a MusicMan specialist and individually hand finished. The bodies are cut to exacting specifications and wired for great sound quality across the full range of the instrument.
Here's what Music man have to say
First introduced in 1976, the StingRay has been revered as one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature on-board active equalization. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StingRay is the same as it was some forty years ago featuring a solid roadworthy construction, massive hardened steel bridge, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever popular Music Man humbucker. All of which combined produce a look, feel and sound that are remarkably unmistakable.
- Model StingRay
- Size 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)
- Weight 9 lbs, 5 oz (4.22 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood Ash
- Body Finish High gloss polyester
- Bridge Standard - Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Scale Length 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets 21 - High profile, wide
- Neck Width 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret; SLO Special -1-1/2" (38.1 mm) at nut, 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Finish Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment 6 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting
- Electronic Shielding Chrome plated brass control cover
- Pickups - Music Man® humbucking with Alnico magnets