The Fender Vintera '70s Jazz Bass captures the spirit of a legendary instrument from Fender's golden era. Fitted with the decade-defining features found on original '70s Jazz Bass models, including a period-correct thin "C" neck profile, classy pearloid block inlays and re-voiced vintage-style pickups - this ultra-playable instrument projects all of the punchy growl that made the Jazz Bass so famous in the first place!
Classic Fender Construction
Fender has relied on its customary tonewood combinations for the Vintera '70s Jazz Bass. Sporting an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs - a great tonal foundation for the J-Bass single-coil pickups.
The Vintera '70s Jazz Bass' Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, bringing out even more presence for a crisp tone when playing finger-style, slap or with a plectrum. The Pau Ferro fingerboard is another thoughtful design touch, adding some crucial lower mid-range warmth and providing a silky-smooth feel under the fingers.
Punchy Vintage-Style Pickups
For an authentic tone, the Fender Vintera '70s Jazz Bass comes equipped with a pair of punchy single-coil pickups that have been re-voiced to emit a vintage character. Projecting plenty of raspy overtones and a gritty mid-range, these single-coils also remain focused and defined in the low-end to ensure that you can really cut through in a mix.
- Alder body
- Two ‘70s Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
- “’70s C”-shaped maple neck; 7.25”-radius bound fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets and pearloid block inlays
- 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles; “F”-stamped open-gear tuning machines
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Thin "C"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 20
- Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Tuners: Fender '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag