The Fender Jazz Bass is a legendary instrument, first introduced in 1960. Renowned for its superb playability, punchy mid-range and raspy overtones; the venerable Jazz Bass has featured on countless recordings and is still played on stages all over the world.
To celebrate its sixth decade in production, Fender has released an incredible 60th Anniversary Jazz Bass. Finished in a gorgeous Arctic White Pearl colour and outfitted with several vintage appointments, including old-school bridge and pickup covers, this limited edition bass tastefully pays homage to the earliest versions of the 4-string icon.
A classic Fender tonewood combination has been used to construct the 60th Anniversary Jazz Bass. Built around an Alder body that serves as a balanced sonic foundation for the two single-coil pickups, the bolt-on Maple neck gives notes plenty of vibrancy and a snappy, immediate response. These qualities are perfect for finger-style, slap and picked playing - ensuring that you stand out in practically any mix!
Comfortable '60s "U"-Shaped Neck
The Fender 60th Anniversary Jazz Bass features a "U"-shaped neck profile akin to those found on the first J-Bass models made in the '60s. Offering optimal support for your fretting hand, this comfortable neck allows you to play long sets without feeling any fatigue or strain.
A signature feature of a Jazz Bass is its thin 1.5" nut width too, which gives its strings fairly narrow spacing for easier playability. The 60th Anniversary model adheres to this beloved formula, with its bound Rosewood fingerboard also offering a classy look and a smooth touch under the fingers.
Pure Vintage ‘62 Single-Coil Pickups
That unmistakable Jazz Bass tone is easy to achieve with this particular instrument, thanks to the pair of Fender Pure Vintage ‘62 Single-Coil pickups it's fitted with. Capturing that distinctive vintage sound, the 60th Anniversary Jazz Bass delivers beautifully rounded lows with lots of mid-range potency and stunning top-end clarity.
A pair of concentric volume and tone controls provide complete command over the blend and character of each pickup - a feature first found on the very earliest J-Bass models from 1960 to 1962.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "U"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage ‘62 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage ‘62 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome-Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Hardshell
- Strings: Fender USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (Gauges .045 -.105)