The Ibanez AVCB9CE-NT is an awesome acoustic bass with a great sounding preamp allowing you to take your acoustic set to the stage. The preamp gives you control over bass and treble so that you can support the mix and the tuner on-board means you won't have to take any pedals to the gig.
The thermo-aged spruce top gives the bass the sound of a heavily played in acoustic instrument giving you a much warmer sound than a new instrument might. The mahogany back and sides pair well with the bright spruce top to provide a bed of fat, warm bass tones.
Here's what Ibanez say about the AVCB9CE-NT
The Ibanez guiding philosophy for acoustics, "a modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition," extends quite naturally to their acoustic bass collection.
With tone, style, playability at an incredible value, Ibanez acoustic basses are creatively inspiring tools designed to thrive in wide variety of musical situations.
- body shape: Cutaway Grand Concert body
- top Thermo: Aged™Solid Sitka Spruce top
- back & sides: Mahogany back & sides
- neck Mahogany: neck
- fretboard: Rosewood
- bridge: Rosewood
- body: binding Tortoiseshell
- tuning machine: Chrome Die-cast tuners
- nut material: Bone
- number of frets: 22
- saddle material: Compensated Bone Saddle
- pickup: Fishman® Sonicore pickup
- preamp: Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp w/Onboard tuner
- output jack: Balanced XLR & 1/4" outputs
- battery: 9V Battery
- finish top: Open Pore
- finish back and sides: Open Pore
- finish neck back: Open Pore