Here's What Fishman Say About Their Fluence Bass Soapbar Pickups
Versatility without compromise
The Fluence Bass Soapbar pickup brings revolutionary Fluence Multi-Voice performance, dynamic range, and articulation to 4 and 5-string bassists.
Based on Fishman’s convention-disrupting Fluence Core technology, a single bass pickup can now produce multiple timbres and sounds, each untethered from the other. Original and totally re-imagined, Fluence Multi-Voice pickups for electric bass are free from the hum, noise and frustrating inductance issues that plague even the most coveted wire-wound pickups, revealing pure, uncorrupted bass tone.
Like all Fluence pickups, the Bass Soapbar pickups are multi-voice and can be powered by a Fluence rechargeable battery pack or a standard 9-Volt battery.
Additionally, Fluence Bass Soapbar pickups can be split for single-coil operation or paired with our onboard Treble and Bass control to further expand the tonal palette.
Voicings for the Fluence Bass Soapbar pickup were created to offer players a wide palette of sounds that cover all playing styles.
- Voice 1: Classic, fat and round
- Voice 2 (Mid Cut): Funk, Hi-Fi scooped
- Voice 3 (Mid Flat): Full frequency, full dynamics
- Single Coil Mode: Same voices as above but with Jazz Bass string window
Fluence Bass Soapbar Pickup Sets include:
- 1 ceramic bridge position pickup, 1 ceramic neck position pickup
- All components required to achieve Fluence Bass wiring scheme
- Volume, Tone, and Blend pots
- Push-pull Voice Selector pot for use in Volume or Tone position
- 2-band EQ for Treble and Bass
- All wiring required for installation
- Voice 1: 2 kHz
- Voice 2: 7kHz w/500Hz mid-scoop
- Voice 3: 7kHz w/mid-flat
- (Single Coil mode can be used with any of the three voices)
- Ceramic VIII
- Dual bar magnets
- 100 gauss strength at string
- 49 mm
- 3.5mA per pickup 1.1mA for the 2-Band EQ
- 9-18V battery or optional rechargeble battery pack
- Two pickups plus 2-band EQ – Up to 60 hours
- Single pickup plus 2-band EQ – Up to 110 hours