When Darkglass released the B7K Analog Bass Preamp, it almost instantly made waves in the bass tone world, combining powerful preamp features, meaty overdrive and articulate EQ controls that allow you to shape your bass tone like never before.
And now, they've announced the B7K V2! All of the killer features that gave the original its incredible reputation, but with some amazing extra EQ shaping options and a neat new design!
Favoured by modern rock and metal heavyweights like Karnivool, Periphery and Mastodon, the original B7K is famed for its punchy tonal capabilities. It makes use of the same powerful dynamic saturation circuit as the B3K Bass Drive pedal, but adds EQ controls, parallel output and a line driver.
This combination of otherwise simple features make for an advanced piece of kit that'll transform your bass tone.
EQ & Overdrive Shaping Options
The 4-band Active EQ options take this pedal well beyond the realm of an overdrive or preamp. Your bass will rumble and snap with unprecedented tonal control - it has to be heard to be believed! The overdrive circuit adds plenty of growl for when you need to tip over the edge.
It also gives you four shaping options for the drive: 'grunt', 'fat', 'thin' and 'raw'. This pedal truly stands out from the crowd - just refer to Karnivool's track 'Simple Boy' to hear it in action!
Brand new to the V2 are the frequency switches. The low-mid frequency switch gives you an extra 12dB of cut or boost at 500Hz, perfect for finding that rumbling sweet spot.
The mid-frequency switch behaves similarly but at 1.5kHz. Scoop out the crucial mids for a pumping, compressed sound or boost them for a super-resonant mix-slicing tone, the choice is now yours!
- Blend: Mixes the clean input signal with the overdriven signal. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine control of the blend ratio.
- Level: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive: Sets the amount of saturation in the overdriven signal.
- Grunt Switch: Sets the amount of low frequency content to saturate by selecting between three different bass boost levels before the clipping stage.
- Attack Switch: Sets the amount of treble content to saturate: The “Boost” setting emphasizes the treble content extra clarity and presence. The “Flat” position leaves this register untouched while the “Cut” position will reduce the amount of high frequencies being saturated.
- Frequencies: Low +-12dB @ 100Hz | Low Mids: +-12dB @ 1kHz Hi Mids: +-12dB @ 3 kHz | Treble: +-12dB @ 5kHz
- Low Mids Switch: this switch change the center frequency of the Low Mids from 1kHz to 500Hz.
- Hi Mids Switch: this switch change the center frequency of the Hi Mids from 3kHz to 1.5kHz.
- Parallel Output: A passthrough for your input signal, useful for parallel processing.
- Direct Output: A balanced version of the 1/4” output, useful for running into PA’s or studio mixing console