The Subway Plus Bass DI-Preamp pedal incorporates the most essential features from Mesa Boogie's Subway D-800+ amplifier - all in a compact format with convenient connectivity options.
Providing you with virtually all of the gain and level control, tone-shaping possibilities and interface potential from the popular Subway D800+ bass amplifier; this pedal is the perfect "grab and go" solution for bassists who prioritise portability over sheer power. The Subway Plus DI-Preamp pumps out unmistakable Mesa bass through any connected PA system or audio interface - making it a fantastic live and studio tool.
Flexible, Amp-Like Controls
There are lots of bass preamp pedals out there, but Mesa Boogie's Subway Bass DI-Preamp is a cut above most. With switchable input settings, you can optimise the input gain depending on the pickups in your bass guitar - whether passive or active. Able to cater for practically any bass, the DI-Preamp's comprehensive control-set adds to its versatility too.
Featuring classic shelving-type tone controls that handle the bass and treble frequencies, these essential tone-sculpting dials are accompanied by a semi-parametric mid band that enables precise shaping of the mid-range, with switchable 'deep' and 'bright' modes to round out the voicing options. A footswitchable boost function also allows you to accentuate certain bass passages with a potent kick of extra volume!
Lots of Connectivity Options
Like the standard DI-Preamp pedal, the Plus version boasts both balanced XLR preamp and direct outputs with a pin 1 lift feature for both, as well as a pre/post source switch for the direct output to handle stage and front-of-house duties. An unbalanced ¼” preamp out expands the interconnect possibilities even further.
In addition to the shared features, the DI-Preamp Plus also has an integrated effects loop for seamless performance with external effects pedals - such as reverb, delay and modulation.
Whether serving as a powerful pocket insurance policy for backup on your self-transporting musical endeavors, or an ultra-portable main preamp for rental rig or venue-powered airline touring - the Subway Plus DI-Preamp covers all the bases.
- Preamp Type: Solid-State Preamp derived from Subway D-800+
- Chassis Material: Aluminum
- Convection or Fan Cooling: Convection
- Number of Channels & Input Options: 1x 1/4"
- Preamp Details: Solid-State Preamp featuring Input Gain, Footswitchable Variable Boost, Variable High-Pass Filter (30Hz – 150Hz), Variable Voicing (Flat to Vintage Scoop), Fully Active 4-Band EQ (+/- 12dB of Bass, Low-Mid, High-Mid, Treble) with Sweepable (variable) Low-Mid (150Hz-1800Hz) & High-Mid (300Hz-5000Hz) Frequency Controls, Deep Switch (for enhanced low-end), Bright Switch (for enhanced top-end) and Master Volume
- Effects Loop: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop
- Boost (Solo) Level Control: Variable, Footswitchable Boost
- Outputs: Tuner Output, Balanced XLR Mic Level (DI) Out with Pre/Post & Ground Lift Switches, Line Level Preamp Outputs - Unbalanced & Balanced with Ground Lift Switch (drives any power amp), FX Loop Send (& Return)
- Tuner Output / Mute: Tuner Output with Footswitchable Mute Switch
- Extra Preamp Features: AC or Battery Powered, auto-switches to battery if AC fails and battery is installed
Weight & Dimensions
- Weight: 2 Lbs.
- Height: 2"
- Width: 8"
- Depth: 5.5"