Made purely for bass the Mad Professor Blueberry Bass Overdrive pedal is an incredible new tool for bassists everywhere. Designed after vintage tube bass amps that were cranked to the max the Blueberry Overdrive can deliver anything through soft low gain crunch to large sounding vintage overdrive but without that modern metal bass fizz.
Wide Range of Tones
They key to getting the tone you want out of your rig sits in the drive and nature controls. These are relatively dynamic controls that drastically change the type of effect your are listening to. For example with the Drive control turned counter clockwise you get very light tube overdrive but as you turn it up more you get in to more saturated and compressed distortion sounds. The Nature acts like your tone control but at a bit of a deeper level. When turned couterclockwise not only is the bass emphasized in terms of volume but also distortion. As you start to turn this up the overdrive shifts over through the mids and high end for when you really need to start cutting through the mix.
- VOLUME: controls output
- DRIVE: sets the amount of distortion and sustain, as well as the type of distortion. Lower settings give dynamically controlled overdrive, the unit distorts more the harder you strike the strings and there is no definite clipping point, but rather different shades of distortion as the amplitude changes. Higher settings will give more compressed sounds. A good starting point with most basses is fully CCW, turn the knob until you find the overdrive level that suits your playing. Lower settings are good for old school tube amplifier tone, while higher settings gives denser distortion.
- NATURE: is a tonecontrol for filtering and to control what register distorts. Turning CCW gives more lowend and also distortion in the lower registers. Turning CW gives an emphasis in the upper midrange for more protruding solo bass tone.
- Input impedance approximately 500K Ohms
- Recommended load 50K Ohms
- Current consumption at 9V approximately 4 mA
- Max gain at 1KHz approximately 50 dB
- Supply voltage range 8-12V's
- True bypass
- 6F22 9V battery or DC eliminator
- 2.1 mm plug