Darkglass Microtubes B7K V2 Analog Bass Preamp
When Darkglass released the B7K Analog Bass Preamp, it almost instantly made waves in the bass tone world, combining powerful preamp features, meaty overdrive and articulate EQ controls that allow you to shape your bass tone like never before.
And now, they've announced the B7K V2! All of the killer features that gave the original its incredible reputation, but with some amazing extra EQ shaping options and a neat new design!
Favoured by modern rock and metal heavyweights like Karnivool, Periphery and Mastodon, the original B7K is famed for its punchy tonal capabilities. It makes use of the same powerful dynamic saturation circuit as the B3K Bass Drive pedal, but adds EQ controls, parallel output and a line driver. This combination of otherwise simple features make for an advanced piece of kit that'll transform your bass tone.
EQ & Overdrive Shaping Options
The 4-band Active EQ options take this pedal well beyond the realm of an overdrive or preamp. Your bass will rumble and snap with unprecedented tonal control - it has to be heard to be believed! The overdrive circuit adds plenty of growl for when you need to tip over the edge. It also gives you four shaping options for the drive: 'grunt', 'fat', 'thin' and 'raw'. This pedal truly stands out from the crowd - just refer to Karnivool's track 'Simple Boy' to hear it in action!
Brand new to the V2 are the frequency switches. The low-mid frequency switch gives you an extra 12dB of cut or boost at 500Hz, perfect for finding that rumbling sweet spot.
The mid-frequency switch behaves similarly but at 1.5kHz. Scoop out the crucial mids for a pumping, compressed sound or boost them for a super-resonant mix-slicing tone, the choice is now yours!
Here's What Darkglass Have To Say About the B7K V2:
Tone crushing overdrive and super transparent modern sound is the essence of the B7K. One of the most acclaimed Darkglass pedals in the bass community, it doesn’t compromise the original sound of the instrument, but enhances its presence in the mix. B7K takes the powerful dynamic saturation circuit from the simple B3K CMOS Bass Drive pedal and then adds a 4-band active EQ, parallel output and balanced line driver for even greater versatility.
However, after being at the top of the field for nearly 7 years, Darkglass thought the time had come to implement some of the engineering tricks they have learned in their journey to give this much-loved pedal the upgrade it deserved. So, with the Microtubes B7K V2 you get all the features of the original, with the ability to even better sculpt your tone.
On the low mids you now have the option to change the center frequency from 1KHz to 500Hz and on the high mids you have the option to change the center frequency from 3kHz to 1.5kHz. This will enable you to tailor your absolute dream distortion tone.
Designed for both studio and live use, the Microtubes B7K V2 will take your direct sound to a whole new level.
V2 Technical upgrades
The character and core of the Microtubes B7K V2 though remains exactly the same, still retaining the powerful dynamic saturation circuit, EQ and the balanced line driver as the original. Darkglass wanted to simply add some very useful features for tone shaping on the V2 model:
- Low mid frequency switch - The “Lo Mid” control has now a dedicated switch to shift its corner frequency one octave so in addition to the standard 1kHz now users get 12dB of cut/boost at 500Hz.
- High mid frequency switch - The “Hi Mid” control has now a dedicated switch to shift its corner frequency one octave so in addition to the standard 3kHz now users get 12dB of cut/boost at 1.5kHz.
- Blend: Mixes the clean input signal with the overdriven signal. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine control of the blend ratio.
- Level: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive: Sets the amount of saturation in the overdriven signal.
- Grunt Switch: Sets the amount of low frequency content to saturate by selecting between three different bass boost levels before the clipping stage.
- Attack Switch: Sets the amount of treble content to saturate: The “Boost” setting emphasizes the treble content extra clarity and presence. The “Flat” position leaves this register untouched while the “Cut” position will reduce the amount of high frequencies being saturated.
- Frequencies: Low +-12dB @ 100Hz | Low Mids: +-12dB @ 1kHz Hi Mids: +-12dB @ 3 kHz | Treble: +-12dB @ 5kHz
- Low Mids Switch: this switch change the center frequency of the Low Mids from 1kHz to 500Hz.
- Hi Mids Switch: this switch change the center frequency of the Hi Mids from 3kHz to 1.5kHz.
- Parallel Output: A passthrough for your input signal, useful for parallel processing.
- Direct Output: A balanced version of the 1/4” output, useful for running into PA’s or studio mixing console
3 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 26 March 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
1 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.