BOSS BC-1X Bass Compressor Compact Pedal
In 2015 Boss released the BB-1X a very powerful and versatile bass overdrive pedal. Now Boss are using the same MDP technology to offer the second most essential bass pedal...the compressor. The BC-1X is made to be simple on the outside but complex underneath the hood. This makes getting complex studio grade compression a piece of cake.
Studio Grade Compression
Compression on bass is not like on guitar. When working with a guitar signal compression is a nice addition to have depending on the tone. On bass a decent compressor is pretty much a must have as you will be constantly fighting with the rest of the band for frequency space. EQ does help here but nothing sets up you up for great tone like a good compressor.
That is where the BC-1X comes in handy with its simple to understand controls that you would have seen in any studio. Ratio, Threshold, Release and Level controls can be found on the top of the pedal and are all you need to create nearly any compression style you need.
Since it is such an essential pedal there are all kinds of options available. The thing to watch out for though with compressors is colouring and tone sucking. Because of how compression works it is very hard to find one that keeps your tone your tone and just compresses the frequencies you want. That control is what makes the BC-1X so good.
Here's what BOSS say about the BC-1X
Equipped with cutting-edge BOSS technology, the BC-1X Bass Comp performs far beyond the capabilities of conventional bass compressor pedals. This premium stompbox features pro-level multiband compression controlled by intelligent circuitry, making it simple to dial in natural sounds for any playing style. The advanced design responds to different dynamics and registers to apply the perfect amount of compression in real time, ensuring that your tone never gets over-squeezed or muddy. Transparent, powerful, and easy to use, the BC-1X is a must-have tool that delivers studio-quality punch and precision for dynamic players.
- Intelligent circuitry adapts to every register and playing nuance, providing natural compression that preserves the fundamental bass tone
- Interactive internal processing enables users to dial in sophisticated multiband compressor settings with simple stompbox controls
- Professional 18-volt input electronics provide ample headroom for any bass, ensuring clean and punchy sound with no distortion
- High-resolution gain reduction indicator shows the current compression amount at a glance
- Digital circuitry greatly reduces noise, a common problem with standard compressors
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 26 March 2018 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery