Gallien Krueger amps might not be the first name you think of when you think bass but you might be surprised how many of your favourite bands have a GK locking down the low end of their sound. Flea uses them, Duff McKagen is on their artist list and Jazz legend Dave Holland has one to amplify his double bass.
A quick look at the sheer variety of artists will give you a clue as to how versatile these amps are.
- Three 12AX7 tubes deliver the perfect blend of classic tube response and the timeless “Variable Q” equalizer design of the 800RB.
- Variable Q tube Equalizer: Inherited from the 800RB, this unique tube design varies the EQ bandwidth to retain a musical response even at extreme settings.
- Dual Channel Flexibility: Motorized pots allow two independent presets to be recalled on the fly for gain, tone and volume changes.
- Analog Power: Analog power amp and power supply deliver classic feel and 500 Watts of hard hitting punch.
- Connectivity: Tube driven transformer balanced DI with level control, Pre/Post and Ground Lift switches to feed the house, Tuner output, footswitch and FX Loop for connecting outboard accessories. Two twist lock speaker connectors to ensure reliable and safe cabinet connections, and two common ¼ inch outputs.
- High Voltage Tubes: The signal path for gain, EQ, contour and the DI are 100% tube driven, achieving classic tube performance with 300V plates.
- Big Iron: Dual rail analog power amp and toroidal transformer provide the current required to control the speakers at high volume.
- Rugged Construction: Heavy duty chassis, large toroidal transformer and double sided boards ensure stable performance under the most rigorous tour conditions.
Here’s what Gallien Krueger have to say about the Fusion
The Fusion 550 incorporates a unique six stage tube preamp paired with the same high current analog power amp utilized in our RB Series. The rich warmth of tubes combined with the quick, punchy power section that GK bass amps are known for is an experience like no other. In addition, GK takes the next step in innovation by adding motorized controls which allow you to store two different settings that can be recalled via the provided footswitch.