Introducing the Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega 500: a 500W bass amp with plenty of brawn. Don't underestimate its small size and lightweight construction though - the Alpha Omega 500 punches well above its weight.
Under the Hood
The backbone of the amp comes in the form of the Alpha and Omega analog drive engines. These have quickly developed an excellent reputation within the bass community. They provide a nice contrast to one another; Omega is raw and in your face; Alpha is more precise, punchy and offers greater definition. You can then utilise the Mod control to blend between the two drive circuits.
They're complimented by a custom-made Darkglass, high-efficiency class-d power amp module. It lets you use speaker cabs with a low impedance (e.g. 2Ω). This makes your potential cabinet choice far more versatile than it otherwise might be.
That's not all though. A built-in cab simulation harness an enhanced version of the popular Darkglass Electronics cab sim/IR module. This boasts a trio of slots that contain your hi-resolution impulse responses. You'll find them active for your balanced XLR DI output and the headphone output. These features (plus an aux input) make the amp ideal for silent practice and recording too!
The package is rounded out by a quiet graphic 6-band EQ and a high-quality single-knob VCA compressor - with additional intelligent makeup gain.
- Custom-made Darkglass high performance Class-D power amp module.
- Works with Intelligent and super Intelligent footswitches.
- Control over VCA compressor (programmable off/on per channel).
- Loads impulse responses.
- Connect to the free Darkglass Suite for PC/Mac using USB.
- Headphone output (with cab simulation).
- 3.5mm aux input.
- FX loop.
- XLR DI output (with ground lift).
- Ultra-quiet 6-band graphic EQ.
- Integrated adjustable studio-grade VCA compressor.
- Three speaker cab impulse response slots (select using the cab select switch).
- Clean/drive blend control (with dedicated growl/bite switches).
- MOD control (used to blend between the Omega and Alpha distortion engines).
- Analog preamp (with active/passive input switch).
- 8/4/2 Ohm load compatible.
- 500 W RMS power output.