Introducing the Darkglass Electronics Microtubes 500 V2: a 500W bass amp with plenty of brawn. Don't underestimate its small size and lightweight construction though - the Microtubes 500 V2 punches well above its weight!
Under the Hood
Within the Microtubes 500 V2, you'll find the renowned pair of Microtubes drive engines. These offer welcome contrast. The Vintage Microtubes delivers a tone with a classic, overdriven edge to it; the B3K on the other hand is characterised by an impressive level of dynamic saturation.
They're complimented by a custom-made Darkglass, high-efficiency class-d power amp module. It lets you use speaker cabs with a low impedance (e.g. 2Ω). This makes your potential cabinet choice far more versatile than it otherwise might be.
That's not all though. A built-in cab simulation harness an enhanced version of the popular Darkglass Electronics cab sim/IR module. This boasts a trio of slots that contain your hi-resolution impulse responses. You'll find them active for your balanced XLR DI output and the headphone output. These features (plus an aux input) make the amp ideal for silent practice and recording too!
The package is rounded out by a quiet graphic 6-band EQ and a high-quality single-knob VCA compressor - with additional intelligent makeup gain.
- Custom-made Darkglass high performance class-D power amp module.
- Works with Intelligent and Super Intelligent footswitches.
- Control over VCA compressor (programmable off/on per channel).
- Loads impulse responses.
- Connect to the free Darkglass Suite for PC and Mac via USB.
- Headphone output (with cab simulation).
- 3.5mm aux input.
- FX loop.
- XLR DI output (with ground lift).
- Quiet 6-band graphic EQ.
- Integrated studio-level VCA compressor.
- Three speaker cab impulse response slots (select using the cab select switch).
- Dedicated Microtubes engine tone, plus clean/drive blend controls.
- Swappable vintage Microtubes and Microtubes B3K analog drive and distortion circuits.
- Analog preamp (with active/passive input switch.
- 8/4/2 Ohm load compatible.
- 500 W RMS power output.