Here's what Mesa Boogie says about the Subway Ultra-Lite 2x15" Vertical Bass Cabinet:
For those who want the biggest, baddest, most Toneful, but also most surprising, here is the Subway Ultra-Lite’s best ambassador. The experience of hearing the 2x15 Ultra-Lite is only slightly eclipsed by picking it up… with one hand. We invite the Challenge; bring on the box that delivers this sonic depth, girth, chesty punch, detail, accuracy and circumference that can literally be carried out of the room in one hand, and we will submit.
Until then, we will proudly feel we’ve hit the mark when it comes to big cab performance and unbelievable portability. Whether providing the foundation in a stripped Rock Trio or Quartet, holding the band together in a dense R&B collective or laying down a monstrous groove in a modern Funk or simple Country testimonial, the 2x15 holds Court and doles out justice for all involved.
Obviously all the same principles apply in regards to mixing and matching different speaker sizes, but frankly after hearing the 2x15 Ultra-Lite, little else stands a chance of impressing. It’s really that good.
- Style/Type: Tuned Front Ported Tri-Porting™ (2 x 4.85" square x 4.5" deep / port area = 48.0 sq. in.)
- Cabinet Internal Volume: 5.44 CF
- Speaker(s) & Mounting Position: Subway Neodymium Speakers / Front Mounted
- High Frequency Horn: Yes
- Horn Control: Premium Attenuator
- Input/Output Connectors: 2 x SpeakOn-1/4" (NL-4 combo)
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms (only)
- Minimum Impedance @ Frequency: 3.41 ohms (@ 40.9 Hz)
- Average Sensitivity (RMS) 50Hz-1000Hz: 100.4dB/1W/1M
- Maximum SPL - 50Hz-1000Hz: 129.5dB/1M
- Average Thermal Power (RMS) 50Hz-1000Hz: 800 Watts
- Average Mechanical Power (RMS) 50Hz-1000Hz: 800 Watts
- Minimum Mechanical Power (RMS) @ Frequency: 800 Watts (@ 68.0Hz)
- Low Freq F3 (Hz): 57.2 Hz
- Low Freq F6 (Hz): 47.2 Hz
- Low Freq F10 (Hz): 38.6 Hz
- High Freq Response: >12kHz
- Slip Cover: Included - Fitted Slip Cover
Weight & Dimensions
- Weight: 60 Lbs.
- Height: 34 3/8"
- Width: 19 1/4"
- Depth: 19 1/2"