Here's what Genzler say about the BA 1x12 slanted model:
GENZLER AMPLIFICATION is proud to launch our new brand with the introduction of a uniquely new approach to bass instrument loudspeaker design, the Bass Array12-3.
Although the same size as many premium 12” and tweeter cabinets this new design is so much more complex and rewarding to the performer.
This innovative design blends the benefits of a 12” vented bass reflex design with the performance and pattern control of a 4 x 3” neodymium driver line array element. The benefits of combining both design platforms in an extremely compact cabinet are exponential for the player:
What this means in the context of performance is the most focused, defined, musical, smooth and seamless response possible throughout the BA12-3’s entire full-range bandwidth. Additionally the placement of the Line Array in front of the 12” woofer further provides a type of “single point source” projection. Think of it as concentric speakers, one inside of the other, in the same linear plane.
- Power Handling - 350 Watts
- Frequency Response - 32Hz - 15KHz
- Sensitivity 1W/1M - 98 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohm
- Crossover Frequency - 4.7K Hz
- Weight LBs. 34lb/15.4kg
- Dimensions, H x W x D - 16" x 19" x 18"
- One premium Faital® neodymium 12" cast frame loudspeaker utilizing a unique dual-wound voice coil design for increased power handling and efficiency.
- Four premium Faital® neodymium 3" mid/high cone drivers loaded into a sealed line array stack.
- Custom designed 6 dB/octave slopes in balance with the acoustical controls of each enclosure.
- Two Speakon® NL-2 connector and two - ¼" sealed jacks; to reduce rear cabinet air loss and noise.
- Heavy-duty textured black vinyl.
- Black metal corners and heavy-duty strap handle.
- Custom, curved grille with a unique center "pleat" to protect the array column.
- Large rubber feet.