Condition: Small marks
Check out the photos and see if this is the deal for you! This item may not include all accesories. Please contact us for further information.
This flagship music Workstation from Roland can be used effectively for use in both the studio and within your live-playing environments, squashing the age-old dilemma of having an instrument that can only be used to its full potental in either of the two scenarios. The built-in audio interface and DAW integration will certianly attract an audience from within the studio scene, while the 88-note pro-quality weighted-action keyboard and 16kg weight will give the live-playing.
A Whole Lotta Control
The FA-08 provides you with a massive variety sounds which have been taken from the popular Integra-7 module and span the entire musical spectrum. Each of the 16 parts has its own, individual effects engine, boasting 67 effect types, on top of dedicated processors for drums, EQ, chorus and reverb. A powerful sampler and easy-to-use sequencer have also been included, giving you everything you could possibly need to begin creating music whether you're tucked up in your studio or you're out playing on the road.
Here's what Roland say about the FA-06 Music Workstation
Roland’s new FA series completely reimagines the music workstation, streamlining it for effortless real-time power, ultra-fast workflow, and maximum versatility. Ready to support any type of music you play, the FA-06 is packed with a massive sound collection inherited from the flagship INTEGRA-7, a ton of studio-quality effects, and expressive real-time controls, plus onboard sampling with zero load time for instant audio playback from the 16 backlit pads. The sequencer features simple operation and non-stop loop recording, letting you capture songs and ideas as they come and export them as multitrack data to use with your DAW. Flowing seamlessly into every part of your creative world, the FA-06 morphs instantly from a standalone keyboard to become the command center of your computer music studio, with USB audio/MIDI interfacing, powerful real-time controllers, DAW transport controls, and much more.
If you use a workstation to make music, you’ll recognise the dilemma. Studio keyboards don’t cut it live, and live keyboards don’t get on with studio gear, so each instrument solves only half of your problems. The new FA-06 workstation makes the problems disappear; studio heads will love the built-in audio interface and DAW integration, and live players will appreciate the pro-quality keyboard and 5.7kg weight. And whichever camp you’re in, you’ll definitely love the huge collection of sounds, taken from the popular Integra-7 module and spanning the entire musical spectrum. Each of the 16 parts has its own effects engine, each with 67 effect types, on top of dedicated processors for drums, EQ, chorus and reverb. Add a powerful sampler and easy to use sequencer and you’ve got all the tools of the trade - ready to make music wherever you are.
In addition to standalone use as a performance instrument and composing workstation, the FA-06 transitions into your computer-based music production world with ease. A simple press of the dedicated DAW Control button instantly sets up the FA-06 to communicate with your computer via USB*, letting you use the keyboard and knobs to send MIDI data to your DAW for playing software synths, controlling plug-in effects, and more. The FA-06 also includes control maps for popular DAWs, providing a quick and easy setup to control transport functions and more in your specific software. You can even use the FA-06 as a USB audio interface to record a variety of different sources directly into your DAW, including a mic, guitar, or stereo line level device connected to the FA-06’s rear-panel input jacks, and you can capture the FA-06’s internal sounds and sampler playback as well. Sound output is also supported, allowing you to monitor the DAW output through the stereo output and headphones jacks on the FA-06.
- Reimagined music workstation designed to maximise your creative flow
- Light, mobile body with 61-note velocity-sensitive keyboard
- Over 2000 sounds from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums; add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots
- SuperNATURAL synth engine is fully compatible with the expansive collection of free INTEGRA-7 synth tones available from Roland’s Axial sound library site
- 16-track sequencer with non-stop loop recording makes it easy to build songs quickly; export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, or as multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards
- Polish your sounds with a multitude of studio-quality effects, including 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with six user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Intuitive, streamlined interface with large colour LCD
- Press one button to instantly configure the FA-06 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions to expand your creative palette
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording; dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with acomputer; MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit
Music Tech Magazine
"a great workstation for the studio and the road. It sounds big, is supremely easy to use and is packed with tones that you can dramatically alter with both synth and effect engines."
The central screen of the FA-06 makes it a joy to use. Each of its main areas – the synth, sequencer and sampler – are clearly laid-out and link easily into what is happening on-screen.