The Ampli-Firebox is the ultimate amp-in-a-box solution. With its own high-quality preamp, this feature-packed unit boasts amp modelling, impulse response cab simulation and effects models too, all within one small and pedalboard-friendly enclosure. This stompbox can therefore be a super-handy tool for studio sessions, and a potential gig-saver with its all-encompassing 'plug in and play' features.
How do I use the Ampli-Firebox?
There are many ways to use the Atomic Ampli-Firebox, and you'll be able to find a place for it on your pedalboard no matter what type of guitarist you are. One way to set it up would be to place it at the end of your pedalboard chain, and plug it directly into a PA system using its XLR out. This means that you could travel to a gig with an ultra-portable rig, with no need to lug around a heavy amp combo or cabinets. And the best part is that you can still attain incredibly realistic and genuine real-amp tones!
The loaded impulse responses will mimic the sound of a real cabinet, so you won't have to worry about how harsh the direct sound might be into a PA system or an audio interface for recording. As it emulates a well mic'd up cab so convincingly, you can actually get better results live through a PA than you might with mic'ing a real amp. Nothing like that terrible sound you get when an engineer drapes a 57 over your cab!
Channel Switching & Controls
The channel switch allows you to choose between any 2 custom amp presets on the fly. This means that you can set this up like a traditional 2-channel amplifier, with a big Fender-style clean tone and a saturated Marshall-esque distortion sound. Also featuring USB connectivity, you can get in deep with your tone-shaping and tailor your own presets with amazing precision thanks to Atomic's free editor software. With this software, you can also backup and restore old settings so that your presets are safely saved, letting you set up the Ampli-Fire for certain gigs or scenarios.
The Ampli-Firebox also has a versatile set of EQ controls just like a normal full-fat amplifier. The bass, treble and mid controls will allow you to tweak your sound, with the presence knob letting you adjust the top-end frequencies to provide more cut and articulation.
Effects & Impulse Responses
The Ampli-Firebox's onboard reverb can be edited and changed in the Atomic software, letting you adjust its parameters to suit your tone just the way you want it to. But it doesn't end there, as this extremely versatile unit also has a raft of other essential effects to embellish your sound.
With delay, compression, EQ, gate and overdrive/boost effects too, this pedal really is the ultimate all-encompassing rig solution. These effects can be engaged via the separate 'Boost' footswitch, and you can select with effect(s) are assigned to that function using the free software, all with their own customisable settings.
The cabinet impulse responses will directly impact your tone as a whole, just like plugging a real amp into different sized cabs and speakers will dramatically affect your sound . Many different impulse responses are available through the Atomic editor software, but another amazing feature of the Ampli-Firebox is that you can load in your own third party impulse responses. Talk about amazing!
Here's what Atomic say about the Ampli-Firebox:
Ampli-Firebox is the world’s first tube amp modelling and cabinet impulse response IR loader in a compact stompbox format. Access nine presets instantly using toggle switches – each with their own selectable amp model, custom upload-able cabinet impulse response, and effects settings.
- Channel switching mode lets you toggle between any two custom presets instantly on the fly via footswitch.
- Gain and Master control knobs adjust the preamp gain and power amp drive settings, just like a physical tube amp.
- Bass, mid, and treble controls authentically reproduce the tones and (sometimes quirky) interactions as their physical tube amp counterparts.
- Presence knob mimics the same brightness control as the feedback circuits found in tube power amps.
- Overdrive modeller simulates overdrives, fuzz, and clean boost effects.
- Built in effects including reverb, overdrive, compressor, EQ and gate.
- Dual simultaneous outputs: XLR direct and ¼” outputs. Choose cabinet modeling on XLR only, ¼” only or both to fit your stage or recording hookup needs.
USB connectivity allows deep editing, backup/restore of your presets, footswitch customization, and importing AmpliFire / AmpliFire12 presets via the free Ampli-Firebox Editor software available for Windows and Mac OSX. And, of course, the world-renowned and patented tube amplifier modelling brought to you by Studio Devil Virtual Tube Amp Technology.
Transform your pedalboard into a direct/recording solution. Leave the amp at home, and go direct with Ampli-Firebox! Preset compatible with AmpliFIRE line of products.
- All new, state-of-the-art amp modelling based on Studio Devil’s highly acclaimed and patented technology
- Blazing DSP powered hardware allowing for complex and detailed algorithms
- 1024-point cabinet impulses (IRs) with ability to upload 3rd-party IRs
- Effects selection including gate, compression, boost, EQ, echo and reverb
- Dedicated physical amp control knobs for intuitive tone adjustments
- A/B channel switching
- Pristine studio-quality audio and ultra-low noise floor
- ¼” Hi-Z input with proprietary processing, separate ¼” and XLR outputs
- Rugged foot switches
- Easy to use as a pedal or desktop device
- PC/Mac editor
- 9 programmable presets
- Field upgradable firmware
- Dimensions: 3 3/8” W x 4 5/8” D x 2 2/8” H (8.57cm W x 11.75cm D x 5.71cm H)
- Weight: 2.35lbs / .43kg