The Ampli-Firebox is the ultimate amp-in-a-box solution. With its own high-quality preamp, this feature-packed unit boasts amp modelling, impulse response cab simulation and effects models too, all within one small and pedalboard-friendly enclosure. This stompbox can therefore be a super-handy tool for studio sessions, and a potential gig-saver with its all-encompassing 'plug in and play' features.
How do I use the Ampli-Firebox?
There are many ways to use the Atomic Ampli-Firebox, and you'll be able to find a place for it on your pedalboard no matter what type of guitarist you are. One way to set it up would be to place it at the end of your pedalboard chain, and plug it directly into a PA system using its XLR out. This means that you could travel to a gig with an ultra-portable rig, with no need to lug around a heavy amp combo or cabinets. And the best part is that you can still attain incredibly realistic and genuine real-amp tones!
The loaded impulse responses will mimic the sound of a real cabinet, so you won't have to worry about how harsh the direct sound might be into a PA system or an audio interface for recording. As it emulates a well mic'd up cab so convincingly, you can actually get better results live through a PA than you might with mic'ing a real amp. Nothing like that terrible sound you get when an engineer drapes a 57 over your cab!
Channel Switching & Controls
The channel switch allows you to choose between any 2 custom amp presets on the fly. This means that you can set this up like a traditional 2-channel amplifier, with a big Fender-style clean tone and a saturated Marshall-esque distortion sound. Also featuring USB connectivity, you can get in deep with your tone-shaping and tailor your own presets with amazing precision thanks to Atomic's free editor software. With this software, you can also backup and restore old settings so that your presets are safely saved, letting you set up the Ampli-Fire for certain gigs or scenarios.
Effects & Impulse Responses
The Ampli-Firebox's onboard reverb can be edited and changed in the Atomic software, letting you adjust its parameters to suit your tone just the way you want it to. But it doesn't end there, as this extremely versatile unit also has a raft of other essential effects to embellish your sound.
With delay, compression, EQ, gate and overdrive/boost effects too, this pedal really is the ultimate all-encompassing rig solution. These effects can be engaged via the separate 'Boost' footswitch, and you can select with effect(s) are assigned to that function using the free software, all with their own customisable settings.
- Ampli-Firebox is the world’s first tube amp modeling and cabinet impulse response IR loader in a compact stomp-box
- Access nine presets instantly using toggle switches
- Channel switching mode lets you toggle between any two custom presets instantly on the fly via footswitch.
- Gain and Master control knobs
- Bass, mids, and treble controls
- Presence knob mimics the same brightness control as the feedback circuits found in tube power amps.
- Overdrive modeler simulates overdrives, fuzz, and clean boost effects.
- Built in effects including overdrive, delay, reverb, compressor, EQ and gate
- Dual simultaneous outputs: XLR direct and ¼” outputs
- USB connectivity allows deep editing, backup/restore of your presets, footswitch customization, and importing AmpliFire / AmpliFire12 presets via the free Ampli-Firebox Editor software