Atomic's Ampli-Firebox MKII is a world-class guitar amp and effects processor packed into a practical, compact-sized pedal format. Offering users of the original Ampli-Firebox a familiar interface, this 2nd generation unit boasts all-new modelling tech from Studio Devil to deliver Atomic's most authentic amp, cabinet and effects sounds yet!
The Ampli-Firebox MKII is small enough to conveniently fit into a gigbag and is perfectly capable of replacing a full physical amplifier, or it can be used as part of a larger pedalboard rig. Its tonal realism and feel will please even the most die-hard tube amp and analogue effects aficionados, with the stompbox's simple control-set making it far easier to use than many other amp modellers on the market.
- All-new, state-of-the-art amp modelling based on Studio Devil’s highly-acclaimed, patented technology. Imitates some of the world's most coveted guitar amplifiers.
- 20 amp models (all available via Atomic's free PC/Mac editor software).
- Blazing DSP-powered hardware, allowing for complex and detailed algorithms.
- 1024-point cabinet impulses (IRs) with ability to upload 3rd-party IRs.
- Versatile effects selection; including noise gate, compression, boost, EQ, echo and reverb.
- Dedicated physical amp control knobs for tactile tonal adjustments, including a flexible 4-band EQ section (bass, middle, treble & presence).
- Pristine studio-quality audio and ultra-low noise floor.
- 1/4" Hi-Z input with proprietary processing, separate 1/4" and XLR outputs.
- Rugged, programmable footswitches.
- Easy to use as a pedal or desktop device.
- USB port connects to a host PC, letting you edit presets and upload custom user cabinet impulse data and firmware updates via Atomic's editor software.
- 3 programmable 'favorite' presets.
- Headphone output for silent practice.
How Do I Use The Ampli-Firebox MKII?
The Atomic Ampli-Firebox can be routed in a number of ways, making it easy to integrate into any type of rig. If you want to create an "amp-less" setup, you can simply plug your guitar straight into the Ampli-Firebox's input and make use of the unit's balanced XLR output to connect directly to a PA system or audio interface with realistic, cab-emulated amp sounds and effects. If you're using other stompboxes too, like a favourite overdrive or wah, you can just place the Ampli-Firebox MKII at the end of your pedalboard's signal chain.
Alternatively, you could make use of the Ampli-Firebox MKII 1/4" jack output to connect to a dedicated guitar amplifier. This method allows you to use the Ampli-Firebox MKII as an extra highly-tweakable preamp stage, or as just a multi-FX processor. You could even use the device in conjunction with a power amp pedal, in order to connect to a guitar cabinet only (with the ability to disable the MKII's built-in cab emulation).
Toggles & Footswitches
AMP — This switch allows you to quickly select between three different amp models. The top position is a clean amp tone, the middle setting is a crunchy amp sound and the bottom position is a high-gain lead tone . You can replace these three virtual amps with any of the 20 amp models available via Atomic's editor software.
CAB — Lets you choose from three CAB IRs. Top position is a 1x12", the middle setting is a 2x12" and the bottom position is a 4x12". These can be replaced with any 3rd-party CAB IR file from your personal library. Just use the intuitive editor software!
FAV — This toggle enables you to choose between your three favourite presets. From the factory, the positions provide clean, crunch and lead tones. These can be replaced by your own self-made presets, or you can import patches from the editor library.
FOOTSWITCHES A & B — These two footswitches are completely programmable via Atomic's editor software, and can turn any of the built-in effects on/off or be used to switch between your favourite presets. From the factory, footswitch A turns the boost on/off while footswitch B turns the echo effect on/off.
Effects & Signal Chain
Ampli-Firebox MKII offers studio-quality effects developed by Studio Devil. They are arranged into the following signal chain categories:
- Noise Gate (GTE)
- Compressor (CMP)
- Equaliser (EQ)
- Boost (BST)
- Echo (ECO)
- Reverb (RVB)
The order of these effects cannot be changed. The noise gate, compressor and boost effects come before the amp block and the echo and reverb effects comes after the amp block. However, the EQ function has one EQ dedicated before the amp block and three other EQs that can be assigned either pre or post amp block. The amount of tweakability is simply staggering!
- Power: 9V (centre negative)
- Current Draw: 200mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 8.57cm x 11.75cm x 5.71cm
- Weight: 95 lbs / 0.43 kg