The Bottle is a meticulously handcrafted microphone designed and built in the USA. It combines the principles of Blue Microphones’ classic vintage models and propels them into the modern age with cutting-edge technology. An interchangeable capsule system enhances its versatility – making it the perfect mic for any studio recording application.
Switch In & Out
The interchangeable, bayonet mounted bottle-cap system gives you the option of swapping out the included B6 (cardioid capsule) for any other compatible model. This ultimately means you can pick a specific bottle-cap to suit the recording scenario you find yourself in. Each bottle-cap offers individual polar patterns, frequency response and levels of sensitivity that will benefit the capture of certain instruments or vocals. In the case of the B6, it excels at recording percussion, guitars and vocals. This is due to its enhanced lows and highs.
Each component in this mic was selected to provide the most premium microphone experience possible. Discrete class A tube circuitry is powered using an EF86 pentode vacuum tube – resulting in great saturation and warmth. Precision is added thanks to a hand-wound transformer, created using silver wire wound across nickel plates.
- Includes a flight case, B6 Bottle-Cap capsule, champagne 7-pin XLR cable, IEC cable and a powerstream PSU.
- Interchange the B6 cardioid (large diaphragm, dual-backplate) Bottle-Cap for another compatible one.
- Class A discrete amp circuit.
- EF86 Pentode vacuum tube.
- Weight: 1700g
- Dimensions: 390mm x 90mm
- Power Requirements: Bottle Power Supple Unit 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dynamic Range: 126.5dB (@2.5k Ohms) w/B6 Capsule
- Noise Level: 7.5dB-A (IEC 651) w/B6 Capsule
- S/N Ratio: 56.5 dB-A (IEC 651) w/B6 Capsule
- Maximum SPL: 134 dB SPL (2.5kΩ, 0.5% THD) w/B6 Capsule
- Rated Load Impedance: Not Less than 1k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 20.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1Pa = 94dB SPL) w/B6 Capsule
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Polar Patterns: B6 (Cardioid), Others Depend on Capsule Selection
- Transducer Type: Vacuum Tube Condenser