The Blue Microphones Bottle Custom Shop Flagship tube condenser mic comes in a choice of 6 limited edition colours (outlined in the photo above). It also includes a super versatile B6 Bottle-Cap – allowing you to capture a number of different sources in premium quality audio.
It offers high-quality cardioid recording with more defined lows and a welcome high frequency presence. The design is based on premium vintage tube microphones, but with modern benefits that rectify the issues faced by their classic counterparts. For example, custom ceramic tensioning rings remove the dropout that the older models were known for. A punchy tone in the both the low and high frequencies is delivered due to gold sputtered film – producing robust, modern recordings.
It is particularly good for capturing backing/lead vocals and voiceovers. It’s also suited to percussion, piano, accordion, clean guitar and even distant room miking.
Here’s What Blue Microphones say about the Bottle
The Custom Shop Bottle Limited Edition represents the pinnacle of microphone craftsmanship. From the custom-wound transformer to the hand-selected EF86 tube and the magnificent finishes, each mic is meticulously hand-built in California by our master craftsmen. This system includes the Custom Shop Bottle Limited Edition of your choice, plus the B6 Bottle Cap—all housed in a custom-designed SKB® hard-shell case.
The Bottle stands alongside the most iconic recording mics of the 20th century, blending modern technology with the soul of legendary vintage microphones to deliver a unique voice of its own. Its system of interchangeable mic capsules offers limitless versatility and unparalleled tone for recording any sound source. Bottle is designed and hand-built in the USA, and delivers our heritage for superior studio-grade audio and inspiring design.
Bottle features fully discrete Class A tube circuitry powered by a hand-selected EF86 pentode vacuum tube in triode mode for distinctive warmth and saturation. The hand-wound transformer is made of silver wire around nickel plates, delivering unmatched precision and accuracy.
- x1 Custom Shop Bottle
- x1 B6 Bottle-Cap
- B6 Bottle Cap provides larger-than-life vocal and instrument sound
- Compatible with all interchangeable Bottle Caps
- Fully discrete Class A tube circuit with EF86 vacuum tube
- Quick-change bayonet capsule mount
- Power Stream Tube Mic power supply with variable capsule-sensitivity dial
- Laser-cut SKB® carry case
- Transducer Type: Vacuum Tube Condenser
- Polar Patterns: Various (Capsule-dependent)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 20.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1Pa = 94dB SPL) w/B6 Capsule
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Rated Load Impedance: Not less than 1kΩ
- Maximum SPL: 134 dB SPL (2.5kΩ, 0.5% THD) w/B6 Capsule
- S/N Ratio: 56.5 dB-A (IEC 651) w/B6 Capsule
- Noise Level: 7.5 dB-A (IEC 651) w/B6 Capsule
- Dynamic Range: 126.5dB (@2.5kΩ) w/B6 Capsule
- Power Requirement: Bottle Power Supple Unit 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Weight: 1700g
- Dimensions: 390mm x 90mm