Stripped back to the core of classic ‘made in Vienna’ sound capture, the Austrian Audio OC18 is more than worthy of being your primary studio condenser microphone.
About Austrian Audio
Austrian Audio are a new boutique microphone brand on the scene, but are far from lacking the experience to show. Based in Vienna, the company consists of 22 former AKG employees with backgrounds in management and engineering disciplines.
They bring a cumulative 335 years of microphone and audio experience in mechanical design to acoustics, and rigorous testing procedures to software knowledge. You’re certainly in safe hands with Austrian Audio.
Very few people in the world can design or handcraft a classic edge-terminated capsule. Luckily, the Austrian Audio team have been building high-end transducers for over 20 years. They’re carefully constructed with skill and tradition.
The OC18 is equipped with Austrian Audio’s outstanding CKR12 handmade capsule in a single diaphragm form. Plug in and get great tone straight out the box thanks to its cardioid polar pattern and crystal clear, vibrant tonal characteristics.
This is the microphone for those who know exactly sound they want and how they’re going to use it. Austrian Audio microphones are calibrated to within one decibel of each other – add another OC18 or OC818 to record in perfect stereo harmony.
- Cardioid Pattern Precision Microphone
- Single diaphragm handmade CKR12 ceramic capsule
- Made in Vienna
- Every Austrian Audio OC18 and OC818 is within 1dB of each other so any two microphones is a stereo pair
- Add an OC18 to an OC818 for a spaced pair at any time
- Debuts Austrian Audio’s Open Acoustics Technology
- Connector: XLR 3 pin
- Frequency range: 20Hz – 20 kHz
- Directional characteristic: cardioid
- Sensitivity (all directions): 13mV/Pa
- Supply voltage: 48V (<4mA)