The Novation Summit is a 16-voice hybrid keyboard synthesizer that’s bursting at the seams with powerful & inspiring features. Built on the hugely popular Peak formula, it offers more than double the feature-set, with FM routing, multiple LFOs, dynamic analog filtering, a powerful arpeggiator engine and much more. You can’t spell innovation without Novation.
- 16-voice, 3-oscillator per voice polyphony
- Multitimbral engine for splitting, stacking and switching between two simultaneous patches
- Digital FPGA-generated New Oxford Oscillators
- Dual analog filters
- Dual analog VCAs
- 3 stage analog distortion per voice
- Reverb, delay and chorus effects
- Powerful arpeggation with 6 modes and numerous parameters
Novation are known for producing world-class mono and polysynths. The Summit elevates the company’s creativity and knowledge on polyphony to new heights. Each of the 16 voices available to you are powered by 3 oscillators, making for a truly dense and vibrant tonal palette.
Those familiar with Novation, particularly the Peak, will have observed that the Summit features one of the company’s most comprehensive user interfaces to date. Huge filter functionality, comprehensive amp & mod envelopes, in-depth FM routing; you can twist and tweak your sound at pretty much any point. The result is a near-endless selection of tones that’ll take care of just about any style.
Analog meets Digital
The oscillators are arguably the headline feature here. Using the increasingly popular FPGA technology, the New Oxford oscillators offer analog-style sound with the massive flexibility of digital technology. It’s a win-win – combine with 16-voice polyphony, and you’re in for a real tonal treat.
Once the oscillators have generated your tone, the signal path runs through several stages of analog circuitry. Dual filters, distortion and analog VCAs; the result is a warm, dynamic sound that’s distinctly analog in character. Each voice offers true stereo output, with numerous modulation assignments and effects to add the final finesse to your sound. Pumping basslines, glittering leads or otherworldly sound design – the Summit can literally do it all.
- 50 control knobs
- 8 45mm sliders
- 1 volume knob
- 1 data encoder knob
- Rubberised knob caps with spun metal discs
- 55 function buttons
- 2 Animate buttons plus hold button
- OLED display
- Kensington Lock
- Power switch
- IEC power supply connector
- USB socket for system (MIDI comms only, no bus power)
- MIDI In / Out / Thru
- 2 1/4" jack sockets for continuous or switched pedals
- 1 3.5mm jack socket for CV in
- 2 1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
- 2 1/4" jack sockets for left and right auxiliary outputs
- 2 1/4" jack sockets for left and right inputs
- 2 1/4" jack socket for headphone output
- Metal chassis with American walnut wooden end cheeks
- Metal magnetic inset end pieces
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Access to the Novation Sound Collective