Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Iconic Guitars' classic S-type is an amalgamation of all that's great about '50s and '60s guitar engineering. Adorned in a dazzling flake finish, the Vintage 62S offers a unique retro-modern feel thanks to a compound neck slimming down from the curvaceous '50s 7.25 inch radius up to 9.5" at the top-end of the Indian Rosewood fretboard. Add to that the in-house made HSS Revolution pickups and you've got the perfect balance of vintage swagger and tonal versatility!
- 2-Piece Alder Body — Timeless tonewood choice synonymous with bolt-on electric guitars. Provides a balanced tonal foundation for the pickups, with tight lows, bold mids and singing highs.
- Medium "C" Neck Profile — Thicker in the palm of the hand than a modern thin C, but still plenty fast for the contemporary player.
- 7.25-9.5” Compound Radius Fingerboard — Rounded at the lower end of the neck at vintage proportions to make chords easier to fret, this radius flattens out the higher you go; making fast passages much easier to play.
- Iconic Revolution Pickups — Project sizzling tones capable of classic twang, '80s metal and modern rock genres! Versatile HSS configuration gives you access to a wide palette of sounds.
- Push/Push Tone Knob — Allows you to coil-split the humbucker and attain spanky bridge single-coil sounds.
- Gotoh 510T-SF2 Tremolo — Superbly-machined bridge offers an extremely smooth, frictionless return to pitch after heavy use.
- Handcrafted in the USA — Built in California for the most discerning of musicians, promising "unparalleled tone and unsurpassed quality" in the company's own words.
About Iconic Guitars
Hailing from sunny California, Iconic Guitars are a small team of custom shop guitar builders with a wicked sense of style. Their creations harness some of the high points of historic guitar building, all the while boasting extravagantly exotic finishes that you won't see anywhere else. These are some seriously unique instruments, hand-built to an unmistakeable high quality using top-notch woods, custom electronics and superior hardware.
- Body Wood: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Shape: Vintage 62S
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Neck Wood: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Profile: Medium “C"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: Compound 7.25 to 9.5”
- Inlays: White Dot
- Frets: 21 (Jescar Nickel)
- Nut: Tusq (1.625")
- Pickups: Iconic Revolution HSS Set
- Controls: Master Volume, Push/Push Tone Knob (for Coil-Splitting), 5-Way Blade-Style Pickup Selector Switch
- Bridge: Gotoh 510T-SF2 Tremolo
- Tuners: Kluson Supreme
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome-Style