Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
With its elegant lines and ebony/pearl/gold aesthetic, the 1957 Les Paul Custom is easily one of the most iconic and beautiful guitars ever made. It features a body carved out of a single large piece of solid mahogany — unique among Les Paul models. The resulting dark mid-range tone from the body pairs perfectly with its bright-sounding solid ebony fingerboard.
Altogether, it's the pinnacle of guitar craftsmanship, design and tone. Gibson Custom Shop is proud to revive every last detail of the original "Black Beauty" for this '57 Les Paul Custom Reissue, from the dimensions and contours to the precise inlay patterns — to the entire ownership experience.
- Shape: Les Paul
- Material: 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Binding: Multi-Ply
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: 1950s Pattern Mother of Pearl
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Knobs: Butyrate Black Top Hats
- Tuners: Kluson Waffleback with Pearloid Tips
- Plating: Gold
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Gibson Custom Switchplate Medallion (with Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags