Left Handed Versions Available
Many of Gibson's USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw who's always dreamed of owning a US-made Gibson, please contact us with any enquiries.
Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
It's called a Western Classic for a reason - the Gibson SJ-200 captures the essential essence of a vintage acoustic, from tonewoods through to country looks. This is the true king of the flat top guitars.
Rosewood makes up the back and sides and is topped with a high quality AAA Sitka spruce, adding direct projection to the warm character. SJ-200 guitars sound big, boomy and sit perfectly in a band setting.
Attached through a compound dovetail joint is an authentically round maple neck that fills the hand and gives you plenty to grip for various techniques. Set atop is a classy ebony fretboard embedded with chunky real mother of pearl block inlays. In the hardware department, you've got the instantly striking moustache bridge and a combination of TUSQ bridge pins and bone nut to keep everything sturdy through hard strumming.
- Body Shape: SJ-200
- Body Material: Rosewood
- Top: AAA Sitka Spruce
- Side: Rosewood
- Bracing: Traditional Hand-Scalloped X-Bracing
- Binding: 5-ply Top, 4-ply Back, 3-ply Fingerboard and Headstock
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Material: 2-piece Maple with Walnut Stringer
- Profile: Round
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Blocks
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body Joint; Hot Hide Glue
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: Four bar SJ-200 Moustache; Ebony
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly
- Pickguard: Tortoise Western Classic, Bound
- TrussRod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply Bell, Black with Wide White Border
- Bridge Pins: TUSQ
- Strap Buttons: Gold Screw Endpin