Left Handed Versions Available
Many of Gibson's USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw who's always dreamed of owning a US-made Gibson, please contact us with any enquiries.
Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Gibson continues the untarnished legacy of one of their most iconic guitars. The remarkable SJ-200 Standard is timeless and luxurious down to the finest detail.
Elegant, Versatile Design
The SJ-200 could be considered one of the world's most recognisable acoustic guitars. Known for it's flat top, super jumbo design, it's remained largely unchanged since its conception in the 1930s and remains a highly sought-after instrument.
Gibson have opted for their tried-and-tested formula of a gorgeous Sitka spruce top and flame maple back & sides. Combined with the broad body and traditional scalloped X-bracing, you'll find a sound that is both full-bodied and sparkling with clarity.
The neck also makes use of a 2-piece maple configuration with a lush rosewood fretboard. You'll also notice the signature mother of pearl crown inlays, long synonymous with the SJ-200 design. So not only do you have a bright, warm and projecting sound - it also looks and feels wonderful to play!
Hardware & Electronics
This year, Gibson have chosen rosewood as their bridge material, adding to the luxurious look and excellent sustain. Tusq is used for both the nut and the saddle for extra tonal consistency and resilience, and the familiar gold finished Grover tuners provide excellent tuning stability.
Finally, this guitar comes loaded with the award-wining LR Baggs 'Anthem' pickup system, lauded for its ability to re-produce the sound of a studio mic'd acoustic. You'll have stunning projection and accuracy, further adding to this guitar's incredible versatility.
- Body Shape: SJ-200
- Body Material: AAA Flame Maple
- Top: AAA Sitka Spruce
- Back: AAA Flame Maple
- Side: AAA Flame Maple
- Bracing: Traditional Hand-Scalloped X-Bracing
- Binding: 5-ply Top, 3-ply Back
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Material: 2-piece Maple
- Profile: Round
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: TUSQ
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Graduated Crowns
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body Joint; Hot Hide Glue
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: Two bar SJ-200 Moustache; Rosewood
- Saddle Material: TUSQ
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: SJ-200 Cream Flower with Border and Dots
- TrussRod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply Bell, Black and White
- Bridge Pins: TUSQ
- Strap Buttons: Gold
- Under Saddle Pickup: LR Baggs Anthem
- Controls: Soundhole Mounted Volume, Mix Control (mixes between internal mic and under-saddle piezo pickup), Phase Inversion Switch, Battery Check, Mic Level Control
- Output Jack: 1/4" Endpin Jack
- Preamp: LR Baggs Anthem