Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Here’s What Gibson Say About the 1960 Hummingbird Fixed Bridge:
Introduced in 1960 as Gibson’s first square-shoulder, the Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of a new era in music, and was rapidly embraced by the prime movers on the scene. Built with a Thermally Aged Sitka spruce top, the 1960 Hummingbird reflects the appearance and performance of those early icons. Featuring a fixed bridge, it's finished with Gibson's new Thin Finish, including a hand-rubbed VOS process.
- Shape: Hummingbird
- Top: Thermally Aged Sitka Spruce
- Back: Mahogany
- Side: Mahogany
- Bracing: Traditional Hand-Scalloped X-Bracing
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top, Multi-Ply Back
- Finish: Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Round
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Parallelograms
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-Body Joint
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: Traditional Belly Up
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Keystone
- Pickguard: Casted Hummingbird
- Truss Rod Cover: Hummingbird
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Under Saddle Pickup: None
- Strings: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit