Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Here’s What Gibson Say About the 1942 Banner J-45:
The allure and legend of the Gibson J-45 lives on in the new Custom Historic 1942 Banner J-45. Inspired by the holy grail of vintage acoustic instruments, luthiers in Montana meticulously crafted a J-45 just like the most popular and celebrated version in structure and components. The new 1942 Banner J-45 includes a Thermally Aged Adirondack red Spruce top hand-sprayed with a historic-style burst, hot hide glue top bracing for better tonal response, and a bone nut and saddle.
- Body Shape: J-45
- Top: Thermally Aged Red Spruce
- Back: Mahogany
- Side: Mahogany
- Bracing: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing, red Spruce braces with hide glue
- Binding: Multi-ply top, multi-ply back
- Finish: Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: V
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 19
- Frets: Legend Wire
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Dots
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Rectangle, open slot
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Strap open back, cream button
- Pickguard: Tear Drop
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Bridge Pins: Bone