Fender's Made in Japan team do things a little different to everyone else - and we love them for it! This sparkling Hybrid '60s Strat is a no-brainer if you want to veer away from the run-of-the-mill American look and truly stand out from the rest.
Made in Japan Fenders don't come our way all that often and are extremely rare in number this side of the world. Make sure you bag yourself a very limited instrument before they're gone for good.
Under the dazzling finish are familiar wood combos consisting of an alder body and maple neck. The rosewood fingerboard looks particularly striking paired with the black headstock. But that's where the standard specs end and the Japanese builders get particularly creative.
Unusual for a Strat build is the deeper "U" shape neck filling out the fretting hand, akin to an old school Tele. It's balanced out by a 9.5 inch radius and modern medium jumbo frets for playing ease.
Added to the fun is a vintage style 2-point synchronized tremolo for all your vibrato needs. Keeping it in check are vintage locking tuners and a bone nut for exceptional string stability.
The Hybrid '60s Strat excels in tone thanks to what is arguably the most versatile H/S/S pickup configuration. Housed in the bridge position is a high quality Shawbucker humbucker found in American Standard Fender guitars. It's got bark, bite and a good amount of punch taking into account its low output.
The USA Vintage single coils in the middle and neck positions give you classic chime and dynamism in spades. Mix and match the three for a truly unique tone.
- Color: Silver Sparkle
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Shawbucker™
- Middle Pickup: Fender® USA Vintage Stratocaster®
- Neck Pickup: Fender® USA Vintage Stratocaster®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage-Style Stamped Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Locking
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic