- 2 x Adam A7X Active Nearfield Monitor (Single Unit)
- 1 x Universal Acoustics Vibro-Pads LITE - includes 4 pads
- 2 x Stagg Male to Female XLR Mic Cable 3m
Included in this Bundle
- 2x Adam A7X Nearfield Powered Monitors
- Universal Acoustics Vibro-Pads LITE - includes 4 pads each with adjustable wedge
- 2x Stagg 3m XLR Leads
The new AX Series of monitors from Adam improve on the highly-acclaimed A Series with a complete overhaul. Better speakers, amplifiers and cabinets mean the AX series speakers are better for your mixes than ever before.
The A7X supercedes the flagship Adam A7 Monitor and boasts a 7" woofer and X-ART Tweeter.
Getting such a strong and transparentsounding midrange from a twoway speaker is quite a challenge, but Adam seem to have managed to coax something like a threeway performance out of a twoway box — and to have done so without sacrificing bass end or highfrequency extension.
The A7X is part of a new breed of monitors which work particularly well for electronic music. Some people find them a little forward and brash, but others appreciate their open, revealing honesty and exceptional stereo imaging. In fact, the Adams are such good value at this price point that we’d rank them alongside more expensive models like Dynaudio’s BM6As and Focal’s CMS 65s
Here's what Adam say about the A7X Nearfield Monitor
The predecessor to the A7X, the A7, became the most famous of all ADAM monitors in a very short time. Not only has it been reviewed over three dozen times with outstanding results, it has also received numerous awards. The A7 quickly gained mass appeal, praised in many of the world's largest internet forums. Still today, the A7 are the reference monitors in many smaller studios.
With the A7X, ADAM Audio proudly presents the evolution of a legend. It takes everything that made the A7 such an outstanding speaker to a new level.
The first aspect that distiguishes the old from the new model is the X-ART tweeter. The 'X' stands for 'eXtended frequency response' and thus for one of the features of the Accelerating Ribbon Technology that has been drastically improved: the frequency response. It now extends all the way up to 50kHz. In addition, the X-ART tweeter has a higher efficiency and higher maximum sound pressure levels.
The perfect integration with the lower frequencies has been achieved with a newly designed 7" midwoofer. It has been redesigned with a much bigger voice coil (1.5") and is driven by an amplifier with twice the power compared to its predecessor. This combination produces an amazing sound and pressure levels with an almost distortion-free musical reproduction.
Amplifiers / controls
Each driver has its own dedicated amplifier. A 50W A/B amp is responsible for the X-ART tweeter, while the midwoofer is being driven by a 100W PWM amp. The front panel includes a power switch and a control for the volume that retains the volume setting independently from the on/off switch.
On the rear panel are several additional controls: a gain for the high frequencies (+/- 4dB) and two shelf filters for high and low frequencies. To ensure greater compatibility, there are both XLR (balanced) and RCA (unbalanced) connectors.
- Number: 1
- Basket: 7" (175 mm)
- Voice coil: 1.5" (38 mm)
- Cone material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Number: 1
- Type: X-ART
- Diaphragm area: 4 inch² (2420 mm²)
- Equiv. Diaphragm: 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity transform ratio: 4:1
- Diaphragm weight: 0.17 g
- Mid-Woofer: 1
- Type: PWM
- Amp. power RMS / music: 100 W / 150 W
- Tweeter: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 W
- Input Sensitivity: - to +14 dB
- High shelve > 5 kHz: +/-6 dB
- Low shelve < 300 Hz: +/-6 dB
- Tweeter gain: +/-4 dB
- Input connectors: Analog: XLR / RCA
- Frequency response: 42 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz: 0.5 %
- Long term output: 106 dB
- Max. peak: 114 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 2500 Hz
- Input impedance: 30 KOhm
- Weight: 20.3 lb (9,2 kg)
- Magnetically shielded: No
- Height x Width x Depth: 13.5" (337 mm) x 8" (201 mm) x 11" (280 mm)
- Warranty: 5 Years