Please Note: This is an A-side monitor which can be paired with a B-side monitor which can be found here.
Good monitoring can make all the difference to your music. With the A77X from Adam, you aren't just getting a speaker, you're getting a smartly-designed piece of high-grade, professional equipment that is engineered to deliver the best sound possible.
A noteworthy feature of the A77X is its extremely wide stereo foundation and brilliant stereo imaging. Treble and mids are reproduced with three-dimensional realism and the lows are, as expected from a double woofer design, massive without compromising on precision.
2 Woofers with smart controls
A special feature of the A77X is its 2 12-way system. Both 7” woofers start to work together at 38 Hz, and at 400 Hz one woofer fades out and only the second woofer continues to operate in the mid-range up to 3 kHz. This prevents interference and possible phase-cancellation in the critical mid-range. Even though frequency transitions and potential distortions lie outside these areas, the human ear is particularly sensitive to mid frequencies.
Here's what Adam says about the A77X:
The A77X is a horizontally designed monitor that combines all of the technical innovations in the AX-Series. Due to its powerful, compression-free sound reproduction and excellent radiation characteristics, it is suitable both for nearfield and midfield monitoring.
Distinct adjustments to room acoustics
The Tweeter gain function is a part of each AX monitor’s basic configuration and lets you raise or lower the level of the high frequencies by up to 4dB. Beyond that, shelving filters allow further adaptation to room acoustics with the A5X, A7X, A8X and A77X. The low shelf filter allows smooth control of the lower frequencies below 300 Hz from -6 dB to +6 dB, the high shelf EQ is introduced at 2.5 kHz with the same levels from -6 dB to +6 dB.
Dynamic high frequency reproduction with the X-ART tweeter
It goes without saying that all models of the AX-Series are equipped with our X-ART tweeter that is handmade in Berlin. The tweeter works according to our proprietary X-ART principle, based on a slim, pleated foil working as the tweeter's diaphragm. The precise transient response and capability of reproducing the finest sonic details make the AX-Series monitors superior working tools.
- Number: 2
- Basket Ø: 7" (175 mm)
- Voice coil Ø: 1.5" (38 mm)
- Cone material: Carbon / rohacell / glass
- Number: 1
- Type: X-ART
- Diaphragm area: 4 inch² (2420 mm²)
- Equiv. Diaphragm Ø: 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity transform ratio: 4:1
- Diaphragm weight: 0.17 g
- Subwoofer: 1
- Type: PWM
- Amp. power RMS / music: 100 W / 150 W
- Subwoofer: 1
- Type: PWM
- Amp.power RMS / music: 100 W / 150 W
- Tweeter: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. power RMS / music: 50 W / 75 W
- Input Sensitivity: - to +14 dB
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz: ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ < 300 Hz: ±6 dB
- Tweeter gain: ±4 dB
- Analog: XLR / RCA
- Location: Rear
- Panel: Front
- Frequency response: 38 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz: 0.5 %
- Max SPL with sine wave acoustic 100Hz to 3kHz at 1m: 114 dB
- Max SPL per pair at 1m: 122 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 400 / 3000 Hz
- Input impedance: 30 KOhm
- Weight: 28.2 lb (12,8 kg)
- Magnetically shielded: No
- Height x Width x Depth: 9.5" (235 mm) x 21" (530 mm) x 11" (280 mm)
- Warranty: 5 Years