Left Handed Versions Available
All Gibson USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw that has always dreamt of owning a US-made Gibson, now there are no limitations whatsoever! Please contact us for any enquiries.
Here’s What Gibson Say About the 50’s LG-2:
A small body acoustic with the full-sized Gibson sound. This little giant produces a charming and seductive tone that rivals much larger-bodied guitars while maintaining exceptional clarity and focus in individual notes. Ideal for folk, blues, and finger style, the delicately balanced 50s LG-2 Original maintains a full dynamic range while being comfortable under arm. Handcrafted solid tonewood and scalloped top bracing provide the warmth and richness that have made spruce and mahogany a classic combination in acoustic flat-top guitars.
- Shape: LG-2
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back: Mahogany
- Side: Mahogany
- Bracing: Traditional Hand-Scalloped X-Bracing
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top, Single-Ply Back
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Historic V
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.725"
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-Body
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Rectangle, Closed Slot
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Grover Strap Cream Button
- Pickguard: Tear Drop
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Bridge Pins: Tusq
- Under Saddle Pickup: LR Baggs VTC
- Controls: Volume and Tone Controls
- Strings: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit