Left Handed Versions Available
All Gibson USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw that has always dreamt of owning a US-made Gibson, now there are no limitations whatsoever! Please contact us for any enquiries.
Here’s What Gibson Say About the 1939 J-55:
When it was released, the J-55 carried on the tradition of Gibson round-shoulder acoustic instruments. It was one of four Jumbo guitars offered by Gibson in the 1930's, becoming extremely sought-after decades after its original release. The new Custom Shop 1939 J-55 features premium ebony on the fingerboard and bridge, a long-scale neck, and a Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce top. Distinctive custom additions include a Moustache bridge, terraced fire stripe pickguard, and a wide 1.77" nut width.
- Shape: Advanced Jumbo
- Top: Thermally Aged Red Spruce
- Back: Mahogany
- Side: Mahogany
- Bracing: Traditional Hand-Scalloped Advanced X-Bracing, Red Spruce Braces with Hide Glue
- Binding: Single-Ply Top, Single-Ply Back
- Finish: Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Luthiers Choice AJ
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 19
- Frets: Legend Wire
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.77"
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-Body
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Moustache, no Inlay
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Open Back Cream Button
- Pickguard: Stair Step
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Under Saddle Pickup: None
- Strings: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit