Left Handed Versions Available
All Gibson USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw that has always dreamt of owning a US-made Gibson, now there are no limitations whatsoever! Please contact us for any enquiries.
Here’s What Gibson Say About the 1936 J-35:
The J-35 evolved from the Jumbo in 1936, a time when the Great Depression was still wreaking havoc on Americans. Gibson developed the J-35 to be a pared down model but still offer musicians a warm and balanced instrument. This Custom Historic 1936 J-35 delivers the look, feel and sound of our iconic J-35 as a seasoned vintage instrument. The Master Luthiers in Bozeman, Montana, have created a beautiful vintage-inspired instrument sure to be coveted by the most discerning of flat-top players. The 1936 J-35 features a Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce top held by hot hide glue construction, a wide 1.77’’ nut width, open-slot bridge, bone saddle, and strap cream button tuners.
- Shape: Advanced Jumbo
- Top: Thermally Aged Red Spruce
- Back: Mahogany
- Side: Mahogany
- Bracing: Traditional Hand-Scalloped Advanced X-Bracing, Red Spruce Braces with Hide Glue
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top, Single-Ply Back
- Finish: Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, Vos
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: V
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 19
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.77"
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Joint: Compound Dovetail Neck-to-Body
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Rectangle, Open Slot, Historic Spacing
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Strap Cream Button
- Pickguard: AJ
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Bridge Pins: Bone
- Under Saddle Pickup: None
- Strings: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit