Left Handed Versions Available
All Gibson USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw that has always dreamt of owning a US-made Gibson, now there are no limitations whatsoever! Please contact us for any enquiries.
Condition: Some small marks
Check out the photos and see if this is the deal for you! This item may not include all accesories. Please contact us for further information.
The Gibson L-00 Standard brings back the classic design and feel of the legendary L-00 but with a few more modern touches to make sure you can use it at every gig. Smaller than most guitars you will see today but larger than your standard classic parlor the L-00 finds the sweet spot of small body massive tone that can match the amazing J-45.
Originally launched back in the 1930's even flattop acoustic guitars like this were still being engineered to find the best parts possible. Today the L-00 standard uses the classic combination of a 2 piece Sitka Spruce top with 4 ply binding on top of mahogany back and sides. This gives you a strong and powerful sound with a bright high end that can suit almost any style but fingerpickers particularly are going to love this sound.
Quality Gibson Build
Gibson have been making acoustic guitars for so long now that they have the methodology of building these guitars down. Every acoustic that comes out of their factory has been crafted to perfection and they have been helped in doing that with a couple of cool new pieces of tech. The main new upgrade at the factory is that nearly all Gibson acoustic guitars now have the famous Plek treatment. This makes sure the frets are as low as possible and are set and cut to perfection giving you the smoothest playing area possible.
The L-00 may have a vintage feel and tone but Gibson have gone out of their way to update the guitar wherever they can so you are getting the most comfortable guitar possible. So the L-00 not only features a 1 piece Mahogany Slim Taper profile neck so everyone can really dig in to this guitar but they have also softened the edge of the rosewood fretboard.
Here's what Gibson say
Developed in the '30s, the L-00 was for years an industry standard. The 2017 L-00 Standard captures the heritage of those exemplary early models. So perfectly balanced that the L-00 has unparalleled projection not found in comparable small body guitars. Spec'd just like the iconic J-45 including mother-of-pearl Gibson inlay, black Graph Tech nut, and LR Baggs™ VTC pickup.
- Tonewood: Classic tonewood combination of Sitka spruce and mahogany
- Small Body Design: So perfectly balanced that the L-00 has unparalleled projection not found in comparable small body guitars
- Nut: The black Graph Tech nut provides consistant tone
- Headstock logo: Mother-of-pearl Gibson block inlay
- Pickup: LR Baggs™ Element VTC for ultimate plug and play ease
- Improved Feel: Fingerboard edge is softened to comfortably fit the contour of the player's hand.
- Enhanced Finish: Finer grit sandpaper and polishing compounds for high gloss finish.
- Premium Setup: Utilizing state-of-the-art German engineered Plek technology to create the finest playing surface possible. Hand finished for the world's finest feel and playability.
- Smoother hand rubbed and oiled fingerboard and bridges: New penetrating and finishing oil last longer and maximizes woods natural vibrancy
- Wood Species: Sitka Spruce
- Pieces: 2
- Grade: AA
- Binding: 4 ply top
- Wood Species: Mahogany
- Pieces: 2
- Binding: 1 ply
- Average Weight (body only): .866kg / 1.909lb
- Glue: Franklin Titebond 50
- Tonal, Resonant, and/or Technical Effect: Radiused top with scalloped bracing for projection and resonance
- Carve: Radiused
- Wood Species: Mahogany
- Pieces: 1
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Thickness at Fret 1: 2.04cm / .803"
- Other Materials: Franklin Titebond 50, hot hide glue neck joint
- Average Weight: 408.23 gr / 14.4 oz
- Type: CF-100
- Inlay: MOP
- Logo: Block
- Headstock Angle: 17 degrees
- Tonal, Resonant, and/or Technical Effect: Compound Dovetail neck joint for resonance distribution throughout guitar
- Joint Angle: 3 degrees
- Type: Compound Dovetail
- Adhesive: Hot hide glue
- Gauges Used:
- Short Scale Pitch Gauge
- Material: Black Tusq
- Width: 4.38 cm / 1.725"
- E: .053 String Gauge
- A: .043
- D: .032
- G: .024
- B: .016
- e: .012
- Wood Species: Rosewood
- Pieces: 1
- Radius: 30.48 cm / 12 "
- Frets: 19
- Nut/End of Board: 4.38 cm / 1.725" @ nut, 5.70cm / 2.245" @ end of board
- Side Dots (Color): White
- Style: Dots
- Material: Mother of Pearl
- Average Weight: 0.11kg / 0.25lb
- Vintage Sunburst
- Color Code: VS
- Surface Texture: Smooth/ Hi Gloss 90 Sheen Lacquer
- Filler: Walnut
- Sealer: 1-1.5 mils
- Top: SNBST YELLOW / ANY0033, TBCO BROWN / NAB0531
- Top Coat: Smooth/ Hi Gloss 90 Sheen Lacquer
- Scraped: Fingerboard Sides and Nut
- Style: Mini Nickel Grover Rotomatics
- Weight: 32.65gr / 1.152oz
Tuning Keys Details
- Tuning Ratio: 14:1
- Plating specs: Nickel
- Part numbers: 140-130-610
- E: 0.053
- A: 0.042
- D: 0.032
- G: 0.024
- B: 0.016
- e: 0.012
- Style: Traditional rectangle
- Material: Rosewood with Tusq saddle
- Part number: 140-120-912, 140-130-866
- Weight: 22g / .8 oz
- Style: Hard Shell
- Color: Black
- Manual: Gibson Acoustic Owner's Manual
- COA/Other: None