Here's what Martin say about the LX1R:
The Little Martin is big on tone, quality, and versatility and includes sustainable wood parts. New to the series, the LX1R features a solid Sitka spruce top for warmth and projection, paired with stylish rosewood pattern HPL. As the first model in its series with a pickguard, it also includes a laser-etched herringbone rosette and comes with a soft gig bag for easy transport so you can take your music anywhere. The Little Martin is ideal for travel but also makes a great student guitar.
- BODY SIZE: Modified 0-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Hand-Rubbed
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- BRACING PATTERN: X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 23''
- BRACE SHAPE: Non-Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- BACK MATERIAL: HPL
- NECK TAPER: Standard Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: HPL