The new Classic Design CT models feature a brand new body shape: Travel. Its short scale and compact size make it the perfect instrument to bring along wherever the music takes you. The CT-140SE Travel body is derived from an Auditorium shape that’s been scaled down to 23.5” for comfort and portability.
A great choice for players of all ages and sizes, it’s exceptional alternative to downsized instrument normally reserved for young strummers. The CT-140SE comes packed with the top-of-line Classic Design appointments that players of all levels are sure to appreciate, including rosewood back and sides and an Fishman Presys preamp system. It also features a solid spruce top and a new easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges.
- Travel body style
- Solid spruce top with scalloped "X"-bracing
- Rosewood back and sides
- Easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges
- Fishman® Presys™ pickup/preamp
- Includes hardshell case
SOLID SPRUCE TOP
Spruce is the standard tonewood for acoustic guitar tops—few woods can beat its strength, brightness and dynamic range, and it responds well to any acoustic playing style, from hard strumming to fast flatpicking or delicate fingerpicking.
With its comfortably rolled fingerboard edges, this instrument's neck creates an incredibly satisfying fret-hand feel that's ideal for beginning players or experienced pros alike.
FISHMAN PRESYS PREAMP AND TUNER
A Fishman Presys pickup/preamp system adds peerless amplified performance with a variety of onboard controls to your acoustic instrument without compromising its pure, rich and resonant tone. The built-in tuner is conveniently placed right where you can see it.
ROSEWOOD BACK AND SIDES
With a pleasingly dark look, solid strength, smooth feel and excellent tonal quality, rosewood is a longtime standard for crafting quality acoustic instruments and gives this guitar an elegant appearance with rich, warm tone.
GRAPH TECH® NUT AND BRIDGE SADDLE
Graph Tech string nuts and bridge saddles enhance the sustain, clarity and tonal consistency of an acoustic instrument. Neither too soft nor too brittle, they eliminate troublesome string binding while delivering performance, workability and appearance that easily outdoes other plastics, coming remarkably close to real bone.
HARDSHELL CASE INCLUDED
The hardshell case features a useful storage compartment, making gig-to-gig transport a cinch.
- Body Back Laminated Rosewood
- Body Sides Laminated Rosewood
- Body Top Solid Spruce
- Body Finish Gloss Body Shape Travel
- Body Binding Multiple Bracing Scalloped X
- Rosette CD Series Pearloid
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Binding 1-Ply Black
- Neck Finish Gloss
- Neck Shape Fender® 'Easy-to-Play' shape with rolled fretboard edges
- Scale Length 23.5" (597 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Fret Size Vintage Style
- Nut Material Graph Tech® NuBone™
- Nut Width 1.69" (43 mm)
- Position Inlays 3mm Pearloid Acrylic Inlay Dot
- Truss Rod Dual-Action
- Controls Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass, Phase
- Special Electronics Fishman® Presys Pickup System with Active Onboard Preamp and Tuner
- Bridge Rosewood
- Bridge Pins Black with White Dots
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines Chrome Die-Cast
- Pickguard None
- Case/Gig Bag Hardshell Case Included
- Accessories none