Martin’s Standard OM-21 is an Orchestra Model acoustic that sits proudly among their finest instruments. The combination of Sitka Spruce and East Indian Rosewood ensures an articulate, crisp tone, with a Dovetail neck joint and scalloped X bracing maximising resonance. A beautifully-crafted instrument with a sound for every style.
Body & Neck
As mentioned above, Sitka Spruce has been used for the OM-21’s top. This classic tonewood is renowned for its resonance and rich volume, and is something of a go-to for acoustic guitar tops. Martin opted for East Indian Rosewood for the back & sides, a luxuriously warm tonewood that sounds as good as it looks.
The hardwood neck features a smooth satin finish for extra comfort. A modified low oval shape is combined with a high performance taper to ensure pristine playability, regardless of your style. Finally, the fretboard is Ebony, with its contrasting dark appearance and emphasised attack – Martin also used the renowned Plek process for the neck, ensuring absolute precision and consistency.
The hardware and construction of the OM-21 is the icing on the cake. A ‘30s-style drop-in Ebony bridge perfectly harnesses the resonance of the Sitka Spruce top. Nickel open-gear tuners are easy-access and precise in their tuning stability – plus they look the part.
All-in-all, the OM-21 is a guitar that’s been lovingly crafted to near-perfection – you simply won’t want to put it down.
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Top finish: Gloss
- Top Colour: Aging Toner
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 18
- Endpiece: Faux Tortoise
- Binding: Faux Tortoise
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Nut Material: Bone
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Side Dots: White
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930 Style Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Ply Hardshell