Here’s what Alvarez say about the Masterworks Elite Grand Auditorium:
In 2019 Alvarez launched its Artist Elite Series which proved to be one of our most successful launches ever. The thinking behind introducing ‘Elite’ was to demonstrate our production and styling capability by offering custom vibe instruments with exotic tonewoods, flawless finishing and rich tones. Our aim was to deliver unprecedented value for money and seriously cool guitars.
To continue on the successful Elite path, we wanted to repeat this approach with our all-solid line of instruments and produce new Masterworks models that truly set us apart from our competition.
There are 6 models in total, all with cutaways and slim Ebony bevel armrests. Three are made from AA Sitka with Black Walnut and three are made of all Black Walnut. All have Paua abalone purfling and are fitted with the LR Baggs Element pickup and VTC soundhole console.
Masterworks Elite are stunning guitars made from premium, hand-selected all-solid woods to create a sonically articulate guitar series with a stunning visual impact.
- Series: Alvarez Masterworks Elite
- Top Wood: Solid AA Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Solid Black Walnut
- Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Neck: Mahogany w/Semi-Gloss Finish
- Bracing System: MST1 - Scalloped X, Asymmetric Tones Bars
- Bridge: Bi-Level Indian Laurel/Rosewood
- Inlays: Paua Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Purfling: Paua Abalone
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel/Rosewood w/12th Fret Inlay
- Nut & Saddle: Real Bone
- Tuner: Gold Die Cast, Gold w/Ebony Style Buttons
- Binding: Macassar Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16
- Accessory: AFC30 FlexiCase (USA Only)
- Pickup / EQ: LR Baggs VTC