Martin’s Standard 28 guitars are considered a distillation of the company’s vast heritage and luthiery experience. Truly outstanding tone, classic aesthetics and supreme comfort. The 00-28 is a more compact offering; an East Indian Rosewood/Sitka Spruce construction and smooth Ebony fretboard ensure rich projection despite the guitar’s comfortable size.
- Comfortable, compact 00 body shape
- East Indian Rosewood back & sides
- Sitka Spruce top
- Gloss body finish with Satin neck finish
- Ebony fretboard and bridge
- Scalloped X-bracing with dovetail neck joint
The 00-28 Standard comes with a Sitka Spruce top; a classic tonewood renowned for its even, classic resonance. To complement it, the back & sides are East Indian Rosewood, a luxuriously warm-sounding wood.
To bring it all together, Martin have demonstrated their expertise in guitar making. A dovetail neck joint meets scalloped Sitka Spruce bracing to ensure maximum projection. Ebony is used for the fretboard and bridge, adding that final touch of clarity.
- Body Size: 00-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Binding: White
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Neck finish: Satin
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Plek: Yes
- Heelcap: White
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Side Dots: White
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: Ply Hardshell