The CD60 is one of the best selling Fender acoustics ever and they've revised the line to feature a solid top! This is incredible value at this price for a feature normally found on more expensive guitars. The solid top gives you more resonance and a purer tone that a laminate top would.
The 'easy-to-play' neck shape also means this beginners guitar will suit you when you're trying to learn the guitar or sharpen your skills.
The dreadnought shape is popular for it's full bodied sound and handles strumming and fingerpicking well.
Here's what Fender say about the Fender CD60SCE:
The re-designed CD-60SCE boasts exceptional features for an instrument of its class, including a solid spruce top, rolled fingerboard edges and brand new ‘Easy-to-Play’ neck shape.
The CD-60SCE is a mid-level Classic Design model and features a cutaway body for easy upper-fret access, as well as an onboard Fishman® pickup, preamp and tuner.
The dreadnought-sized body provides traditional full-bodied tone with plenty of projection and is a great choice for any aspiring player.
- Back Mahogany
- Sides Mahogany
- Top Solid Spruce
- Finish Gloss
- Shape Dreadnought Cutaway
- Binding Multiple
- Bracing Quartersawn Scalloped "X"
- Rosette CD Series Pearloid
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Binding 1-Ply Black
- Neck Finish Gloss
- Neck Shape Fender® 'Easy-to-Play' shape with rolled fretboard edges
- Scale Length 25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Walnut
- Fingerboard Radius 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Fret Size Vintage
- Nut Material Crème Plastic
- Nut Width 1.69" (43 mm) Position Inlays 3mm Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod Dual-Action
- Controls Volume, Treble, Bass
- Special Electronics Fishman CD Preamp
- Bridge Walnut
- Bridge Pins White with Black Dots
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines Chrome Die-Cast
- Pickguard Black