Epiphone's Inspired by Gibson range represents a stunning homage to some of the most famous guitars ever made. Better yet, you get all the iconic features that made the original instruments great, at a price that won't have you counting pennies.
The J-200 gives a heavy nod towards the Gibson SJ-200 first introduced in 1937. The jumbo acoustic made its name in folk, rock and country music among big names like Elvis, Jimmy Page, Bob Dylan and George Harrison. Like the OG, the J-200 is ideal for big strumming and a big band setting.
Every aspect of the J-200's build adds to its huge sound and effortless rhythm playing. The back and sides are made of a bright maple and a spruce top, ensuring sparkling highs even with the massive sound projection on offer.
Attached is a very classy two-piece maple and centre piece mahogany neck in the classic and universally trusted rounded “C” shape. On top is an Indian laurel fretboard containing contemporary 20 medium jumbo frets and real mother of pearls crown inlays. Overall, a modern playing experience.
Hardware features gold Epiphone machine heads, an ever-reliable bone nut and saddle combo, and sleek ivory colour pins.
Need some extra oomph? Plug the J-200 into a PA system (and sound great) thanks to a Fishman Sonicore pickup and Sonitone volume and tone controls.
- Body Shape: Super Jumbo Non-Cutaway
- Body Material: Solid Figured Maple
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back: Solid Figured Maple with center strip
- Side: Solid Figured Maple
- Bracing: Quarter Sawn Spruce
- Binding: 6-ply (top) and 4-ply (back)
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Material: Two-piece maple / mahogany center strip
- Profile: Rounded C
- Scale Length: 25.551"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.01"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- End of Board Width: 2.258"
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Graduated Crowns
- Joint: Tapered Dovetail
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: J-200 Moustache™
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Epiphone Deluxe with Keystone buttons and press in bushings
- Pickguard: J-200 Style Tortoise Shell with 2 Color Graphics
- TrussRod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply Bell
- Bridge Pins: Ivory
- Strap Buttons: 2 - bottom and side of heel
- Under Saddle Pickup: Fishman® Sonicore
- Controls: Fishman Sonitone Soundhole mounted Volume and Tone
- Output Jack: Endpin Jack
- Preamp: Fishman Sonitone