Here's what Martin say about the GPX1AE:
A Grand Performance-14 fret, non-cutaway, acoustic-electric model that features a Sitka spruce top and high-pressure laminate mahogany-grained back and sides. The rust colored laminate neck complements the rich hue of the back and sides, making this an aesthetic beauty. Equipped with Fishman Sonitone electronics for a great dynamic sound. This model includes SUSTAINABLE WOOD CERTIFIED parts.
- BODY SIZE: Grand Performance 14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Hand-Rubbed
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: None
- BRACING PATTERN: X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Performing Artist
- BACK MATERIAL: HPL
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: HPL
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman Sonitone