Here's what Martin say about the DX1KAE:
The DX1KAE acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 platform and a Dreadnought body design with attractive looks and playability. Pairing the solid Sitka spruce top with Hawaiian koa-pattern high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides, the DX1KAE Koa features Fishman electronics and a non-cutaway style body. This guitar is truly a "plug and play" instrument. This model includes SUSTAINABLE WOOD CERTIFIED parts.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Hand-Rubbed
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: N/A
- BRACING PATTERN: X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Non-Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Performing Artist
- BACK MATERIAL: HPL
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: HPL
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman Sonitone